Thursday, September 06, 2007

FOUL!

Ugh. For some reason, I am just in a rotten mood tonight. It's like a cross between PMS and feeling completely unmotivated.....which in turn, just makes my mood that much fouler. Fouler. Is that, like, a real word?

I don't feel like going and looking it up. See there I go again!!!! That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I cleaned out Munchkin's closet tonight so that I can organize her toys and clothes and better utilize the space she does have to fit a "big girl bed" into her room without overcrowding it. That child had way more clothes than I even thought. Good gravy! I pulled out three large boxes of clothing to put elsewhere. One box of winter stuff that I can store until she needs it. One box of "too small" to get rid of and one box of keepers (clothes that have plenty of wear and are really cute) for if we have kids later that wear those sizes. So I reorganized her dresser to hold some of the stuff out of her closet and now I have floor space in the closet to use for play area since part of her room is going to be taken up by her "big girl bed" which is a full size mattress and box springs that we have stored down in the basement and decided just to use it instead of buying a whole new bed. I'm trying to talk KC into letting me be creative and putting the box spring and mattress directly on the floor and then making some kind of creative, girly headboard that will "grow" with her. He's not too keen on the idea right now. He's just not seeing my visualization of how cute I can make it. On a budget. He's all: "No, we're going to buy a real headboard and if you want to paint it, you can." He doesn't understand that I'm not going to have the freedom on a "real" headboard that I'd have if I was just playing around on some cheap pieces of latticework with wooden decorations attached to it.......I'll keep working on him. But......then again, considering my lack of motivation at this particular moment to do anything important, maybe it's a good idea not to do anything too complicated.

Which leads me to another source of aggravation. My started projects that are all over the house........and that is frustrating because......I have LOTS of projects started and ZERO MOTIVATION to work on them. Probably partly due to the fact that I don't like to do only a little bit on a project. I like to start something and work on it for hours until I'm finished. I hate that I've had to put down the projects and I know that if I pick them up again, I'm not going to have the hours of devoted time to finish them, so I just don't pick them up. Consequently there is a box full of denim sitting under the chair next to the garage door (project: decorative embroidery on skirts, altering current skirts to fit more appropriately and to look cuter, split repair, and random other projects that could be created with the leftover denim if I ever get the time or motivation; time lapsed since last worked on projects: at least 2 months), scrapbooks and supplies scattered all over the house (project: well, this one is pretty obvious; time lapsed: a week --so this one isn't too bad), boxes sitting in the hallway and piles of junk in the garage (project: cleaning out for yard sale; time lapsed: well this pile grows larger frequently but the yard sale has yet to happen), stacks of paper scattered here and there all over the house (project: get organized; time lapsed: maybe a few hours....I usually do a few pieces every now an then.....usually rearranging, not really organizing. LOL), are you getting the picture yet?

By the way, that is a sore spot with KC. My unfinished projects, that is. LOL. But it's okay. I just laugh it off.....can't say much else cuz he's pretty right about it. And it's a sore spot with me, too. Hehehe....hence the frustration tonight.

Ahhhhhh.

I don't feel like editing pictures. I don't feel like scrapbooking. I don't feel like reading. I don't feel like eating. I don't feel like cleaning (oh, but wait....that's normal....Hahahaha). I almost don't even feel like blogging. That's bad. But since I'm blogging out all my frustrations about not feeling like doing anything, I guess I'll overlook that.

Ugh. I'm so out of sorts. I feel like the Munchkin tonight. Grumpy.

Oh and did I mention that "IT" happened. I got it for the first time today.

"YOU'RE NOT MY MOMMY!!!!!"

Whoa. Dude. Where'd THAT come from?????????? And where ever that came from.....make it STOP!!!!!! You know, now that I think about it, I think that was about when I started feeling grumpy and out of sorts. Terrific. She has the power to control my mood. THAT'S going to stop. I didn't let on to her that it bothered me. Seriously though, the thought that I didn't realize she was the one who set my mood for the evening bothers me more.

Okay. I feel better now. This is the end of her control. I suddenly feel very motivated to get in a good mood. LOL. Sleep sounds like a good start in the positive mood direction.

I have to say though, I'm ready for this mean critter to go away and give me my Munchkin back. I'm not loving the b r a t mode.

Night.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. Lack of motivation is the pits.

    I hope we both find the drive to get our work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a vacation. Oh wait. You just got back from one! Take another? Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)