Friday, July 07, 2006

A BEE C D E.....


Here's another interesting fact. Bees gross me out and scare me to death. I'm sure glad KC didn't tell me how huge this nest was underneath our porch before he started the extermination process. I would have flipped. So looking at the picture on the left, it looks kinda innocent...like a rock or something. NOT!!!!! And it may have been knocked down, but there are still a few hundred hardy survivors of the mean ol' homeowner's attack.



I'm not sure if this little nest over on the side was inside the big nest or if it was maybe the doghouse for the bees who made the queen mad.

I know the bees in it were still very active and if you look at the picture, it kinda looks like there are some bees in eggs that are about to hatch. Oh THERE's a lovely thought. EWWW. My camera has a great zoom. I think in this case it picked up TOO much detail. You should have seen the picture before I resized it to fit on here! Discusto!


Yeah and these last pictures are a bunch of dead ones. How many hundred do you think died from inhaling poisionous fumes in the chemical warfare part of the mean ol' homeowner's attack?

Funny....for these guys I have no sympathy. This stems mostly from an incident that happened when I was around 11 or 12 years old. I was standing on the front porch at my aunt's house minding my own beeswax when suddenly a bee divebombs into my hair from a hole in the wood above me. Naturally I am flipping out and swatting at my head and running around the yard when the little bee dude calls 911 and all his buddies come help him out. So picture me slapping my head with a swarm of bees behind me and my dad running after me and the bees trying to knock them away from me. What happened next I don't remember...its sorta blank....but the next thing I know they have gotten the bees off me and I'm in the house covered in icepacks and they're counting all my bites and stings. Mom doesn't remember exactly how many there were, but it was somewhere between 35-50 all over my scalp, neck, shoulders, and arms. I remember being covered with some kind of benadryl spray all weekend. To this day the smell of that stuff discusts me. Man, that was painful. I shudder thinking about it, and I want ALL these guys and ALL their stinkin eggs D. E. A. D.!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. omgosh! about the bees!
    Sorry to just lurk on your blog and not post... bad habit, I know.
    I've decided we need to meet b/c I think we'd hit it off and be great friends I feel the way you do about the whole God watching me thing. {{Hugs}} He understands that we are human... I *HAVE* to believe that too!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)