Thursday, July 02, 2009

A Bit Of Thriftiness



Well, apparently this is her last Thrift Store Thursday, so I figured I’d jump on board, but then I saw there is another one called Thrifty Thursday, so I figured that would work, too.

This is my favorite find from a couple weeks ago…

My dad was over at my house and saw my teflon coated pots that I’ve had since we got married. A few days later, he told me I needed to buy stainless steel because the teflon was in a bad way and majorly scratched off.

Well, I knew stainless was a bit pricey so I figured I’d just start working on KC but then not a week later, I was in one of my favorite thrift stores with my mom.

And I found this set:

IMG_3935 IMG_3936

IMG_3940 IMG_3941

It was a bit pricey (I thought) for used at between 4.99 and 9.99 for each pot, but mom assured me it was likely worth it, so taking her advice, I bought the entire 13 (or maybe 15, I don’t remember what I counted) piece set and it totalled up around $60.

Then I got home and looked up the name on the pots. This Flavorite set is a 22 piece but I have all the major pieces and a few of the minor pieces. Check out the price! Amazon has a 13 piece set for a list price of $1595…of course, Amazon is actually selling it for like $250 or something but hey, the list price is astronomical! LOL! Even at $250 though, I think paying $60 was a good deal! LOL!

Anyway, all the teflon pots are now gone…and I feel like I’m cooking at home again because these are the kinds of pots that my parents had when I was a kid and like grandma cooked with. *grin*

10 comments:

  1. Thrifted is definitely the way to go -- looks like you got a great set of pots at a great price! xo -- Sandy/rhubarb reign

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sorry this is the last TST. What a fabulous deal on the pots! I love it when you find out you got a real bargain.
    Thanks for joining today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super bargain and great thrift store find!
    Those are some very nice stainless steel pans:)
    Thanks for stopping by my place.

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pots and pans look nice and heavy. Congrats on the great find. I love coming home and checking the price online and finding that I got a great deal! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! You did good!!

    By the way, I linked to you today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great deal! Which reminds me that I need to be on the lookout for this sort of deal. My pots need replacing.
    Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thurday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there, good job! but I was wondering.....do they stick when you cook in them? I have Rachael Rays pans and they are Teflon. I got them b/c i was scared if i get the others they will stick. Le me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You got a good deal! I need new pots and pans too. Our stuff actually has a lifetime guarantee but the shipping is outrageous! Is it any different cooking on stainless steel versus teflon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. To those who asked, yes, stainless has sticking capabilities but if you keep stuff stirred and use a dash of pam for stuff that is bad to stick, I haven't had too much trouble with it. You get used to it...=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome buy! Is this the Thrift store near where you used to work?

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)