Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Want To Know A Secret?

Alternate Title: How To Get Kids To Think Your Car ROCKS.
Alternate Title 2: Want To Hit The Jackpot Every Time You Do Some Funky Driving?

Curious yet? 

Well, this past Saturday was the Sunday School Class Trip of the class in which I am teacher's assistant to an awesome teacher (who also happens to be one of my all-time best-est friends -- which made everything much more fun...or funny as the case may be). 

Fifteen kids between the ages of 8 and 13, so we ended up taking three vehicles.  We both brought our hubby's to help chaperone, so we made them each drive a vehicle and us girls (who were in the minority) rode in my Pilot. 

We had a good reason though, besides being in the minority, which was that K needed to count out the token rewards that each of the kids had earned over the last 6 months of class.  The tokens we had previously purchased from Chuck E Cheese's where we were taking the kids for an afternoon of fun and games. 

So we stopped to get gas in all three vehicles before heading to the town down the road with the 15 kids, and K ran into the store to grab a box of baggies so that she could separate each kid's tokens.  I finished pumping the gas and decided to pull around to the side so that the tanks would be open while I waited for the rest of our crew, so I pulled slowly around the parking lot. 

As I turned, the token cups started sliding across the dash.  I thought they were bagged (and 400 of them were) but unfortunately, I didn't realize that 2 cups were not in bags.  I caught one cup but the other one dumped.  100 tokens scattered. 

So here's a secret.  Let me just tell you.  If small thin objects fall in that crack where the windshield meets the dash, you may never see them again.  But you will hear them.  And if you bang the side of the dash with your hand, it will earn you about 3 dollars worth of tokens and a bruised hand (poor K).  Also,  if you use your car as a stunt mobile, one or two may come dropping out near your feet. 

However, if you open your hood and peer all around the wheel wells, you will only get funny looks from random passers-by.  And trying to remove the glove box will not reward you with anything other than a scraped hand.  But they are all in there, you will hear them.  And if your driving earns you a token or five, kids will be so impressed!

The good news is, if my car dies today, I know it will be worth at least $15.

IMG_3388webIMG_3375webIMG_3380web

6 comments:

  1. that is HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day for the children, thanks for the sacrifice!
    Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh may lands! $15 worth of tokens?? Sound like it was an eventful trip. Now you have an excuse when the cop pulls you over for reckless driving...."I was just trying to get some tokens." *LOL* Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this sounds like something that would so happen to me! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh geez...don't you hate when stuff like that happens!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you can "jingle and rock" the day/night away. *lol*

    Maybe, eventually, enough will drop out for you to take the kids again. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)