Monday, July 14, 2008

Wild Weekend

As the official picture taker, I managed to be the only chaperone that never got on the other side of the camera. LOL. Good thing....I looked pretty rough by the end of the day, so I'd rather not have been recorded. LOL. I rode everything with the kids except the Hurler....including all the water rides...so I looked like a wet rat for a good part of the afternoon. LOL. Anyways....here's the pictures of the kids. It felt REALLY strange to be one of the "responsible adults" and not one of the kids....Haha. Anyway, on with the pictures...(in no particular order)

Aaron, Devin, Anna, Wendy on Ricochet

Morgan, Hannah getting ready to ride Vortex

Trying to keep the group together walking through the park....

Matt, Hannah, Aaron on Drop Zone (which by the way was my personal fav)

again....

Drop Zone getting ready to come down

Matt, Devin (I think), Casey, April Sa getting ready to take off on the Cyclone

April Sw, Brianna, Hannah, Morgan coming back into the Ricochet station

Anna, Matt, Casey, Aydan...candid shot...LOL


Matt and Aaron coming down the first hill on the Hurler

Aydan....mister cuteness, having some lunch out of a can....mmmm

Tim waving as the Hurler goes up

A bunch of our guys coming down in this train....the hurler again


April Sa coming around on the old Top Gun (now they call it Afterburn...only we kept thinking they were saying Afterbirth....ROFL!!!)

Morgan in front of us as we're going up the first hill on Thunder Road. This was the first time we rode, the second time we were on the other side and it stopped at the top and scared us all. LOL

Coming back into the station on Thunder Road....April and her aunt, don't know that guy behind them, and then Hannah and Devin

Group shot....everybody except me and Bro Preston
Again....Brianna, Hannah, Morgan, Aaron, Devin, Wendy, Regina, Sally, Anna, Matt, Casey & Aydan, April Sa, Mariano, Tim, April Sw


The Wild Thornberry or something....whatever it was, it was not worth the hour wait since nobody but ME got wet (thanks to Bro Tim standing up in the back as we went down so the front end of the log went in the water and splashed us all), anyway, this was Morgan, Hannah, Regina, and Anna.

April Sa, Casey, Sally, Brianna

Morgan peering back as their log goes up....

April Sa....looks like somebody is gonna get the elbow....

Woops....overblown shot. Matt, with his usual glare, TRYING not to smile for the camera....LOL.

The first ride of the day....the Borg....(only it was renamed the Nighthawk or something)....it was our kids in lanes 2-5....


Bro Preston squeezes his eyes shut in terror (lol...just kidding) as we get ready to go around on Rocket Power

The youth leaders: Sis Regina, Bro Preston.....love that expression....HAH!

April Sa and Casey waiting in line for the log ride....there was plenty of time for me to be bored and play with the camera during this wait.....LOL

And more playing in the same line...

Anyway.....so there ya have it....the wild bunch. Left at 7:30 and got home at 11. VERY long day...and very tired. *SIGH*

And we all survived. Back to normal posting later....this took all my effort.

Later.

12 comments:

  1. you could have left me off. thanks for going with us. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you all had some fun! :o) glad you enjoyed carowinds. I haven't been in years and am not sure I could stomach the rides any more. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:01 PM

    It looks like you all had a blast. Maybe we'll go next time. Shane don't ride, but I sure will. Love all the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it was great. LOL, Regina, of course I couldn't leave you off. *GRIN* Jules, was the last time you went that time you went with me and Nate? That was so fun...I think I have pics. Nikki, yeah, you should totally go next time. It was really fun. There was always at least one who didn't ride the rides and stayed with the baby and stroller (and everyones bags...LOL), so it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are great! Can you put them on a CD for me? I think I have some you want too, not from carowinds but maybe from camping? I can't remember I just remember you asking about some. So maybe we can do an exchange. I'm glad you got to go with us and that you took your camera. I'm a little too scared to take mine. Maybe next year *grin* Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness woman!! I'm sick just from looking at these rides!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talking about WEIRD, not being a youth but a chaperone. Who would have ever thought??? I did have fun and not to be prideful but I was so proud of Aydan because I really think that he was a good kid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pix! Looks like everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great group of kids! I tell ya what..next time you guys go I'll be the bag lady (Ha) and then you can ride. You're still young enough. The last time I rode the Drop Zone I realized I was too old and had to pray my way through it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faith- I can't really remember the last time I went. I remember going, I think, one other time with the youth group. The time I went with you and Nate is what broke me in to actually enjoying riding the roller coasters. Remember? You broke me in on our first ride on Top Gun, front row? (That was ride was fairly new then). I remember opening my eyes a few times and quickly shutting them. Also remember hearing you both yell something about the mist in the tunnel hurting your eyes and glad mine was closed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS...I "covet" your camera! :oP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Case, sure, i'll get the pics for ya.

    Dawn & Rochelle, Awww, no, the rides weren't that bad. But I've always had a little daredevil in me....so that might be it. *GRIN*

    Kelly, thanks! and yeah, it was fun.

    Wendy, seriously, I was braggin on him to Teresa on Sunday morning...you almost didn't even know he went with us, he was so quiet. *grin* He did great. I was impressed, too.

    Jules, LOL. Yeah, we did kinda push you into it, didn't we? LOL. Oh and the camera was just my point and shoot (the big one would have taken way too much room and I couldn't haul it around the rides like my little P/S) but I did some ShaZAM action on the photos before posting them to the web, so maybe that's what you're "coveting" LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)