Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Total Randomness

It is so late. It is very odd, but I find myself looking at the clock at 11:11 a lot. And every time I do, I think...hah.....there is the four ones again.

Hey. I warned you that it would be random tonight.

I cleaned out my nightstand last night. Found the journal I was working on right before I started blogging several years ago.

Read several entries in the journal and decided that if I've got to read something, my journal is not it. Blogging is working much better for me.

Footwashing service was tonight. Me, being my general non-serious self, noted, as Morgs was ever so sweetly washing K-man's feet, "ooh, that water is very warm.....it's gonna make him pee....so much for potty training." Teeehehe.....

On a more serious note, I'm not being disrespectful of the service, I'm all about serving and humility, it just has just always meant more, in my tiny mind anyways, to serve people in other ways. For example, cleaning someone's toilet seems to be more of a humility-proving task than sprinkling water over their already cleaned feet. Humility-proving, in that, I would be completely humiliated if someone cleaned my toilet. LOL. Just kidding on that last part of course. On the other hand, I'm always more comfortable serving than being served, so I'd much rather be cleaning someone else's toilet than that someone else cleaning mine. Unless of course, that someone else was KC, then I don't care. How did I get on toilets? Must get off. *grin*

In other news, one of our summer trip plans has been settled....I'll be spending a week in NY with my parents and the kids at Grandma's and leaving the honey at home. After doing the math related to the expenses we've got and the income we don't, we decided it would be a better plan for me to take the kids and go with my parents, so KC wouldn't have to use up any vacation time, plus it will make the trip cheaper b/c it won't be a "drive up 14 hours, visit 12, sleep 6, and then drive home 14 hours" waste of time. I'm kind of excited. Should be an interesting trip, and doing it this way will be much more relaxing. Well, as relaxing as one can get, on a trip with a two year old and four year old. LOL.

Another little munchkin funny....apparently she is obsessed with voices. Tonight, I had the kids sit and listen instead of playing with toys the whole service (I occasionally do that b/c they observe much more under these circumstances, and their observations generally keep me occupied and/or chuckling for most of the service....LOL). Anywho, so munchkin is sitting there listening and she looks up at me, very seriously, and says, "Mommy? Bruder Ken has a BOOOOtiful voice!" And then goes back to listening. LOL.

K-man's court was continued. Three more months of waiting. *huge sigh*

I have GOT to have a yardsale. SOON. I might be getting a little crazy with my getting rid of stuff. I find myself digging through everything to see if there might be something else I don't use. I'm sick of clutter. *sigh* At this point, it's not about the money....space is money. If I don't use it, it doesn't matter if I wasted money on it....it's going away so that I'll have room for what I DO use. It's that simple. Wendy.....what are you doing Saturday? Wanna meet me at the fleamarket?

The PMS continues. Someone needs to inform Munchkin that arguing with mom and then throwing a fit because mom said stop arguing is NOT a good stunt to pull on the PMS days.

Gotta mow the two strips of lawn that somehow missed the memo that there was drought. I was going to do that today but I took the kids to have lunch with Daddy and by the time I got back, and got the kids down for nap, I didn't have time to go out and get all icky and then come back in and shower and get ready all over again to take the kids to storytime and then church after that. So I decided to play on my computer. It was a really tough decision. LOL. But I'll do it tomorrow, Lord willin.

I also need to put that crazy rock back in its spot in the ditch. It's turned sideways (I think it might have gotten drove over....although I have no idea who couldv'e done such a thing...LOL!!) but it's a massive rock and it sticks up over all the rest, particularly now that it's out of place, which drives me nuts every time I go in or out the drive.

I wonder if KC got the mail today. He's already asleep or I'd ask him.

Speaking of sleep....it's kinda a lot past 11:11 now, so I'm going to go to bed.

Night.

4 comments:

  1. ... those 2 strips of grass you found that didn't get the memo.... you probably now know where the septic lines are.... ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...well, I'd say you were right, but this is two NEW strips of grass down next to the drive....I'm not for sure, but I had always thought the septic lines were on the lower end of the house under THAT green area (which, although it's greener than the rest of the yard, isn't really that green right now....it got the memo...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was random thoughts. :o) Hey next time you drive by the office, honk. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about tutoring? When you leaving mama wants to know? By the way you can just take me wih you and we can do tutoring in NYC!JK!Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)