Monday, July 21, 2008

B +

Dear Monday,
You were so typical. I think you just deserve a big fat positive list cuz you're just not going to do that to me.

1. I got to sleep in a few minutes extra.
2. I woke up in a good mood, despite having a headache and it stuck around for a few hours longer than normal.
3. Munchkin gets to go to play with her friends one day a week (for the weeks when we'll be in town) until More@Four starts for the school year. She was really excited about that. She is driving me crazy for wanting me or SOMEBODY to play with her 24 hours a day and after half an hour playing, I'm going nuts anyways. LOL.
4. The floor isn't sticking to my feet anymore and the hairball remnants on the carpet in the bedroom are now residing somewhere in the vacuum cleaner.
5. There's two less piles of dirty clothes to look at or think about....and they're actually folded and put away, no less.
6. I didn't have to cook supper. Hallelujah.
7. Munchkin put her book away at bedtime and turned off her light without being reminded.
8. K-man put "ew gross" in the potty yesterday morning....the first deliberate time.
9. I have a husband to pester me. (absolutely NO SARCASM THERE, WHATSOEVER)
10. My headache finally went away....roughly about the same time my husband went to bed....hahahahaah....that was absolutely kidding. It went away LONG before that point, thank God.

Anyhoot.

Sis Dawn wrote a song that is running through my head today....particularly the first lines...."I'm so tired of all the rain, it just keeps pourin' down on me" although I don't remember the next lines, the chorus goes something like:

But it's still God who holds my hand,
It's still God who helps me stand,
Through the sunshine and rain,
Gonna call upon Your name,
You know my needs and You're still God

It's beautiful....and so true.

Going to bed now....
Later.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Mondays. As far as the potty training goes...GOOD LUCK! We can meet at the park sometime -if you want to. We've been playing out in the evening this week because it's been so hot! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song too!!! She is a good song writer, which makes me agitated about the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)