Thursday, July 27, 2006

Busy Day

Wheee, today has flown by. Probably b/c this is technically my "friday" since my weekend starts tomorrow. YAY! And sorry for all of ya'll who have to work tomorrow. =) I'll be thinking about you. (and laughing....JUST KIDDING...LOL)

So lets see....nothing really exciting happened today...just stayed very busy and I'm not going to say what I was busy with b/c it wasn't anything important....just work. {yippee}

Not a whole lot to talk about today, so I guess we'll just pick up the Looney {lady} Tunes: Part II
(If I can remember where I left off yesterday....hmmm.....)

So when I first started working here many moons ago, I was a single chica that -- for unknown reasons -- attracted a lot of attention from the almost completely male RTV classes (she was only in her like 60's somewhere then) and she did NOT like me (still doesn't as a matter of fact, but we'll save that for episode 5 or 6...ROFL). Her main reason for not liking me I guess was because up to that point she monopolized all their attention and no one had ever encroached on her "territory." Oops. Then there was me. Single, skinny, not exactly stylish (but compared to her, I guess I looked liked a runway model), shy, young, naive, long-legged chick who pretty much politely ignored the males she came in contact with....pretty huge contrast when ya think about an old, retro, in your face, losing her mind, LL. So really, having...let me count...around six guys constantly coming up with reasons to walk down the hallway to hang out at my desk was really not that big of a deal, it was just a lack of options. Not my fault. Well, SHE thought it was.

One day my boss tells me that LL stopped her in the hall to say something in reference to my character....something about me being a "fallen woman" to put it in cleaner terms. My boss said something along the lines of, "that is so not true and you need to leave her alone." (Sidenote here that LL also thought my boss was a "fallen woman" and didn't care too much for her either...ESPECIALLY after she stuck up for me. {LOL})

Not too much longer after that...one of the six guys....don't remember which one it was now, I think maybe John came down the hall and was talking to me and then asked me if I'd heard the rumor. Of course I hadn't, so I asked, "what rumor?" He says to me..."don't worry, none of us believed her, we just thought that someone should tell you."

Okay, if that doesn't make you cringe....LOL....(by the way, in case you care, I only went out with a couple of them a couple times...never anything serious....cross my heart!)

So then he says................

To be continued. (BWAHAHAHAHAHA....yep, I'm evil....guess you have to come back later to find out......)

On that note, its almost quittin' time.....i promise I'll try to come back and post the next installment of Looney {lady} Tunes tomorrow. =) =)

Oh by the way....today LL had on an INTERESTING midcalf skirt that had it been worn in a normal position, would have been a floor length skirt and the print was about as crazy as she is. LOL....gotta love someone who provides that much humor every day!

Later!

3 comments:

  1. WHATTT?????? You can't stop now!!!! I'm dying to know what happens next

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just HAVE to get a picture of her to put on here; and no, we don't need to see the face; *cringe* ~wince~ just maybe one from the neck down?
    Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
    Now THAT would be something to see!!!!!!!!!

    Crazy maintenance lady!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' the LL story line... keep it coming girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)