Monday, June 12, 2006

Garfield and other random things

I think the reason Garfield is my favorite cartoon is simply because we seem to feel the exact same way on many issues....Mondays in particular. YUCK. I am so incredibly sleepy today. My eyelids feel like they contain lead or some other weighted material. *sigh* What I wouldn't give to go home and crawl under the covers and sleep right now. I might just let CV drive home so I can sleep this afternoon. One of the perks of having a "carpool." Bwahahaha. Really, I'm not evil...she sleeps sometimes in the morning when I pick her up. =)

Weird weird thing happened to me today. I was going to work this morning and my tank was on E...which is not all that out of the ordinary, so I know exactly how far I can go after the light comes on, but CV and I were talking and I wasn't paying attention and forgot to stop at the gas station I usually stop at. No big deal, I can probably make it on into work. So I'm driving along and suddenly it kinda putts a little bit and picks back up. Well, this is not a good thing...in all the times I've nearly ran dry, its never done that. (KC, darlin, if you are reading this, I'm sure it was just an air bubble or my imagination....I'm SURE I wasn't THAT close to running out of gas...the light had only been on for about 20 miles) But just to be on the safe side, I decided to stop at the next gas station...which was a seedy lil dump that I would not stop at under normal circumstances. I pull up...open my tank, put the nozzle in and the gas won't start....apparently you have to pay or they wont turn the tank on. (Obviously this is a trustworthy neighborhood...wait, are those bars on the windows?....LOL....just kidding) Anyways, so I leave the nozzle in the tank, run into the store -- noticing on the way in that there is this old scummy-lookin dude (aka dirty old man) getting out of his truck behind my car looking at me in a way that kinda gives me the heebiejeebies. I hand the clerk five dollars and go back to my car. Thank heavens it doesn't take very long to put five dollars in the tank b/c as I'm walking back to my car, this is the conversation:

dirty old man: "Hey, is your name Wendy?"
me: "No."
d.o.m.: "Oh. Well, then you have a twin sister somewhere."
me (now pumping gas and praying it will hurry): "Oh."
d.o.m.: "That's amazing. You look just like her."
me (thinking this sounds like some crazy joke): *polite laugh* "Wow."
d.o.m.: "Yeah, she's been dead eight years."
me (not sure what to say now, so I laugh again and screw the gas cap on as fast as possible and open my car door): "Mmm...well"
d.o.m. (seeing that I'm leaving): "Well...thats just funny."

So I pull away thinking....hmmm....so if "Wendy" has been dead eight years, just why did you ask if I was her???? *DUH* I'm not kidding...I didn't look at him too close, but at a glance, he sure fit "dirty old man" to a T. Greasy brown hair, beer gut, and glasses the size of dinner plates and about as thick, driving some kind of piece of junk pickup....I'm talkin creepy. YUCK. I was REAL happy to get out of there. Thats the last time I stop at THAT gas station...of course, if I run out of gas on the side of the road, I wouldn't be able to leave if he stopped to "HELP." So maybe I won't let the tank get that low from now on. *GRIN*

That was a perfect incident for a random insane blog, huh?

Okay people, its 4:58 on Monday...time to go home.

Later!

2 comments:

  1. Faith, You gotta time that gas thing better.
    Love the new video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 PM

    HOLY CRAP! That is the most insanely random (and scary) conversation EVAH! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)