Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dead

That would be me. I am sitting in our hotel room...my eyes are glazed over. Its like 8:15 in the morning and we got up at 7:30. I still don't feel normal even after a nice (read: long) hot shower. We got in at 2am last night. Didn't go to sleep until 2:30-2:45.

Okay, if you're thinking...man that was a long trip, they left at 1:30, then let me explain. We actually made good time (despite me taking a little 10 minute side trip down the wrong highway after I missed a turn on 77. I can explain that...really).

Anyways, so we got up here in between 6 1/2 and 7 hours...which is pretty decent time. We dropped our friend who rode up with us to see her sister for the weekend off at her sister's place. Then we went to KC's grandma's for about 1 1/2 hours and just as we were getting ready to leave around 10:15, our friend calls. A bunch of the young people are coming over to the house she's staying at and do we want to come over for pizza? We're like sure. Why not. So we stop by the hotel to check into our room, and then head over there. We get there like at 11pm. The other folks drift in one by one....everyone eats pizza....we hang out, talking and laughing until like 1:30....it was really fun. I saw a couple people I hadn't seen in years. So we finally get back to the hotel and wind down a bit and next thing ya know....its 7:30am. *SIGH*

Have I ever mentioned how dead I feel when I don't get enough sleep? YIKES. Its bad. Fingers crossed that I survive this weekend. I feel old...I used to be able to stay up that late and not be bothered. *huge sigh*

So the reason Ms. Ditzy Me missed the turn off: She had been reading a magazine and not paying attention to the highway. We had stopped for gas, and KC asked me to drive....so he crawls in the backseat and lays down and me and AW are sitting up front. We get back on the highway and about 10 minutes later, he sits up and says, where are we, this doesn't look familiar. Guess we got to talking and missed the sign. I didn't even know I77 turned off...he didn't mention that part, and I didn't remember, or I would have been looking for it. *sigh* Chalk it up...another one of my "ditz" moments. At least I didn't damage anything that time...except my ego. (LOL)

Well....gotta get moving....need to find a Goody's so I can get some flipflops before we go to grandma's. I HATE shopping for shoes when I need them....cuz when I need them, I can never find what I need. GRRR.

Catcha LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)