Sunday, November 15, 2009

Totally & Utterly Random

Whoa.  Life is incredibly busy.  I am loving the weather the last couple of days IMG_5082webthough.  We have been working our tails off to get everything done on the house while the weather has been so perfectly cooperative!  The kids have played happily for hours on the playground (glad they’re IMG_5078webgetting a bit more enjoyment out of it before we move away and leave it…lol!) while we have been busting our derrieres. 

(Quick funny here, Munchkin informed me today that Mawmaw says that is what you call your bum.  This was after she popped her head in the bathroom and saw me….ahem…using it….and then went on down the hall singing, “DERRIERRRRRRRRREEE, derriEEEERRRRRRREEE!”  I was like, excuse me?  Did I hear you correctly?  That’s when she told me, in a matter of fact tone, “You know…it’s your bottom!”)  I warned you this was random!

IMG_5076webYesterday, KC started the power-washing on the house….and in case you happened to think it was clean before (I did!) I think these pictures quite tell the story.  I tried to get a picture of him actually WORKING, but he WAS the one holding the extremely high-powered water-gun, so I gave in and ONLY took a picture of the house in progress.  He didn’t get finished on the back of the house, but we came home after church today and KC finished power-washing the house and also climbed up and used the power washer to unclog the gutters (holy shamoly). 

While he was doing that, I painted the concrete foundation on the side of the house that is below the siding in the photos here, because it looked crummy (the concrete that was fresher – from when we had a guy install a double door down there for easier access – really never quite adjusted to the same look as the old, so it needed to be painted so it would look all even)...only now the side of the house looks great and the BACK of the house foundation looks crummy (just because it now looks really dirty - even after power-washing) so I have to go get more paint and do it, too.  Yay.  IMG_5077webNOT.  Ever paint concrete?  I was so spattered, I looked like a giant cream-colored freckle. 

In between all that today, there was also care of the kids – keeping an eye on them and then baths, supper, bedtime, and whatnot.

When it got dark on us, we came in and cleaned up, ate supper, and then it was back to work.

We unhooked the tv oversized computer screen from the wall-mount and disassembled the gigantic wall unit so that we could fix the drywall behind it where we messed it up when we first hung the tv oversized computer screen on the wall.  Now the tv oversized computer screen is back on an entertainment stand again and there's a giant hole in the wall that we gotta fix.  (long story – don’t remember if I ever blogged about the whole trying to get that thing on the wall business, but it was a job and a half!) 

Other random-ness, my friend, Jules, is having another scrapbook supply giveaway…click here to go enter!  Stay tuned because I’m going to be going through my stuff in the very near future, too, and I’m quite sure that I will be doing one of these myself!  =) 

My left big toe-nail got beat up somewhere and has black bruises in the nail-bed.  It looks horrible.  I’m sure you really needed to know that, but hey, it fits my random theme, here!  LOL!

I have a sinus headache and advil didn’t kill it.  I’m bummed out about that, but I’m figuring if advil didn’t fix it, perhaps sleep might.  SO.  Another busy day tomorrow and I am going to hit the sack for now! 

Thanks for dropping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Loved your Random-ness post! I'm going to leave a random comment about your random post. :o)

    A good powerwash always amazes me after doing it. You think "that doesn't look so bad" and then you powerwash part of it and think "wow! that was really dirty!". We power washed our fellowship hall and sidewalks earlier this past summer at church. What a difference! And you're right, I thought your house looked pretty white before. How wrong I was. :o)

    Which Grandma says "derrieres"? LOL. I can kind of see your Mom saying it, but then I'm not so sure. LOL.

    Thanks for "announcing" my giveaway. I'm really hoping to get rid of this stuff. I still have 2 more piles that I'm hoping to put on E-bay. Our blue room (AKA: multi-task-room) looks messy now b/c I have piles all over the floor of stuff I want to get rid of. Can't wait till it looks clean again!

    Sounds like you'll have another busy week...me too! Hope it doesn't stay too stressed for you though. Thanksgiving Blessing to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:25 PM

    lol. Love that kid! :o)
    ~Kelby~

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)