Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dear God....

If you don't mind, I'd like to never have to repeat today again....okay? I know it could have been a lot worse, but at the moment, I'm not capable of thinking about that. So if we could just not have any re-runs of this day, that would be just peachy! But I do want you to know that no matter how bad of a day I'm having, I still love you, and you know that, right? Okay, good. That's all I have to say for now. And by the way....thanks for bein' there on my bad days as well as the good!!! I really do appreciate it! PS I know already mentioned this tonight, but while I'm here again, could you please help my friends who have had quite a few bad days lately? I think the devil is fighting all of us very hard right now, and while it's sometimes hard to see past that, please give us all the strength to make it through these rough times. Especially my friends....you know who they are....and thank you again!

So the straw that broke the camel's back? I was about one straw away from that point today. It was one crazy day.

Let me just make note of a few examples.....

6:30 am: I come to semi-consciousness to hear munchkin crying, so with my eyes only half open, I shuffle into the kitchen and grope around for her cup and pour milk in and shuffle back down the hall and into her room and toss the cup on the bed next to her as I say something along the lines of "it's okay, go back to sleep, it's not time to get up yet." and then shuffle back to my bed and pass out again. At least I think that's what happened, I wasn't really awake enough to remember much....

7:45 am: I start waking up to hear KC talking to the munchkin in the living room about her being wet because she wet clear through her pull up and all over her jammies and bed. I check the clock and then try to start convincing myself that I should try to get out of bed to take care of the problem and not fall back asleep. So I sit up and think about it for a few minutes while I try to keep my eyes open for longer than 3 seconds at a time. I'm still thinking about it when I hear KC and munchkin coming down the hall. Okay. Done thinking. I decide that if I lay back down and pretend to be asleep, maybe KC will take her to the bathroom and find her some dry clothes. LOL. It didn't work and somehow I didn't really figure it would. KC walked in and although I don't know how, he knew I was faking. At which point I decide that I'll just go ahead and get up cuz he is obviously not going to let me stay in bed.

7:45-11:30 am:
Strip the munchkin. Strip the bed. Start the washer. Dress the munchkin in dry play clothes. Take out the load of her sheets that were still in the dryer from the last bedwetting and dump them in an empty basket until I can get them back on her bed. Put the now clean, wet bedding into the dryer. Start the washer again for the load of her clothes. Get dressed myself. Fix us an egg for breakfast. Try to convince her to eat it and finally give up. Turn dora dvd on. Take clean sheets out of dryer. Go get clean bedding out of basket and start making the bed. Realize that the clean bedding from the basket is still wet (huh? it was dry when I took it out of the dryer?) and then smell a very strong pee smell and THEN realize that the wet was yellow wet and the cats had urinated in the basket of clean bedding (oh sick!). Remove the bedding and dump it back in the washer again and put the clean bedding that I just took out of the dryer in a safe place where the cats couldn't get to it until I could get the rest of the bedding clean again and put the bed back together. Help KC start cutting coupons. Put munchkin in her room when she starts throwing a fit and screaming b/c I told her to go play with her babies. Take turns with KC being the "bad guy" while she continues throwing her screaming fit and alternating with hitting the door and crying....and cutting coupons throughout the fit. Finally end that battle and peace reigns again and she is playing next to the cat food and water bowls while we finish clipping coupons. Suddenly hear this SNAP! glug, glug glug......she knocked the gallon jug of water which supplies the cat bowl OFF of the cat bowl and it is rapidly pouring all over the floor. KC flies out of the chair and grabs the jug in one hand and a towel in the other and hurriedly starts wiping up the puddle. He wasn't mad at her, but she got all upset and started her crying again and when I told her it was okay, that daddy wasn't mad at her, she kept crying and I told her to stop and then she threw another fit and was back in her room. In the middle of this drama, and back to clipping coupons when we hear this AWK, HACK HACK HACK.......URGHLE sound in the living room. I am thinking, okay what is she doing now when I start to go check, I see the white cat right smack in the middle of having a hairball on KC's computer's battery pack. Oh JOY. I thought KC was going to flip out after this happening back to back with the cat water drama. Clean that up, finish the coupons, end the battle over who knows what and peace once again ensues. She's alternating playing in her room and "helping" me with laundry when suddenly hear munchkin say, "me pee pee." Okay, so I say, "okay, go to the potty." Nope. No can do. Because seconds later, she says "me pee pee in my pants." Do WHAT? Uh nooo. This is after she had gone to the bathroom less than two hours before. And I hurry to her room to find her standing in the hall and her play pants are soaked, it's ran all down into her socks and sneakers, and not only that, it's puddled in the floor at her feet. HELLO? She's not drinking that much, where is she getting all this pee? So I strip her for the second time this morning, put a pullup on top of her underwear and put dry shorts on her. Clean up the puddle in the floor, throw her clothes and sneakers into the washing machine that is in the middle of washing the sheets that the cats peed on and go back to changing the sheets on my bed. Noted that there is a pile of cat poop in the office floor and KC is working on cleaning the litter box which was obviously full. (Oops) Then KC goes outside to work on the lawn and run some water into the little plastic pool he picked up this morning and the munchkin nearly throws a fit wanting to be out there with him. She can't because he's weed-eating and it's dangerous, so I am racking my brain to distract her....

11:30 am: AHHHH.....a stroke of brilliance. I rig up some blankets on the bunkbed and create a tent out of the bottom bunk. She played happily, crawling in and out, taking her babies in and out, opening and shutting the "flap door" for a good 45 minutes, after which I threw a couple of piece of bread in the toaster and made toasted cheese bread for her lunch. The tent idea worked until Daddy came in the house and then she lost interest.

12:30 pm: stuck her in the plastic pool to play. She had another screaming fit b/c I splashed her, then finally when I said if she didn't stop then we would go in the house and take a nap, she played (mostly) happily for about an hour and then said she needed to pee. So I took her inside (after some drama cuz she didn't want to go) and then put her down for a nap around 2 (with some more drama).

2-4 pm: mommy nap, peace and quiet, mommy shower, peace and quiet. BEAUTIFUL peace and quiet.

5-9:30 pm: gone to big town for the monthly grocery trip and to use all our lovely money-saving coupons. Some drama but a mostly better evening. Until she was riding on the bottom of the buggy in the grocery store and stuck her finger in the wheel while the cart was rolling (after Daddy had told her not to). Then she had a mashed finger and boohoo-ed and had major drama over that one.

9:30 pm: KC talks to one of our friends....some kind of troubles in the house, although I'm not sure what, so he offers to go get their youngest boy and keep him tonight, so he goes to get him while I put the munchkin in the bath and then in bed.

10:30 pm: well....here I am. And I'm about ready to go to sleep so that the rest of the household will go to sleep. *sigh* What a day. And I didn't get all the laundry done. It was just one of those days. Lots of running and getting nowhere. I washed like 5 loads of laundry.....and I still didn't get to the two loads that I was aiming to get finished. *sigh*

Count it all joy. Count it all joy. Count it all joy..........
Sleep. Now THAT's a joyful thought!!!!

4 comments:

  1. It is a blessing isn't it. Sometimes when its most chaotic in my home with hubby and kids its the most wonderful because it exists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What. A. Day. You so deserve some YOU time!! Hope you get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 PM

    Count it all JOY!!!...Count it all JOY!!!...Count it all JOY!!!...Count it all JOY!!!...

    It's a great theme song...just 'member...if ya' wanna see God laugh...make a plan!!!...this will be a small bump in tha' Parkin' Lot of Life compared to others yet to come!!!!...Count it all JOY!!!...Count it all JOY!!!...Count it all JOY!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes. what a crazy day for you! sorry.
    hope it gets easier and better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)