Sunday, August 27, 2006

"Bob" and drunk guys....

Well....its relaxation time....this is the best part of a day of vacation: having spent the day wearing yourself out with fun stuff....coming back to the condo and kicking back for an evening full of "do-nuthin." I love it. *grin*

At this particular moment, KC just channel surfed over to ABC and Pirates of the Carribean is playing....woohoo...the sword scene between Jack and Will in the blacksmith shop or whatever....LOL....and now the channel is changed. Am I the only one who gets irritated when the dear hubby constantly changes the channel in search of something better....men are so weird.....GRRR...thats irritating (specially when its Capt'n Jack and Will...hehe). But...since I'm bloggin and on his computer doing it, I guess I'll just keep my nose out this time. *GRIN*

I didn't take my camera out much today....mostly b/c I didn't have a small camera bag and there is no way I was going to lug around that huge case. I did take a couple from our balcony though. So the first picture...the really foggy one....I couldn't figure out why it looked smoky through the lens....then I figured out that when I stepped out on the balcony, the humidity was fogging up the glass. So I wiped it and tried to take another picture but I couldn't keep it clear long enough....so they're all a leetle fuzzy. (Oh well) We went out on the beach this morning with our boogie boards and rode the waves for a few hours....these pics were taken right after we got back to our room around lunchtime. Then we got cleaned up and washed the salt off and went down to Myrtle to Broadway on the Beach. Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, and Coldstone Creamery for desert (strawberry cheesecake icecream with white chocolate chips in it.....MMMM). Mostly we just walked around and window shopped, BUT....i found a store called Scrapbooking on the Beach or something like that.....OH MY LANDS!!!! All kinds of cool stuff....had to drop a few dollars there of course. Can't window shop in a place like that. LOL. Left there and went to Tanger Outlets.....got a couple things there...mostly more window shopping though.....finally finished and then stopped by....you guessed it....Walmart (LOL) to pick up a camera bag so I can take the camera out of time out. *smiles*

Anyways....we came back and went down to the pool for a few minutes, but that didn't last long. If anyone has seen the movie "What About Bob" then you might understand how irritating weird people following you around can be. LOL....and let me tell you...we have a "Bob" here in the building. We "met" him the first day (and got a little TMI all at the same time). So thank heaven for small favors....at least he's not on our floor. I don't think I'm being paranoid, but he seems to follow us. We got out on the beach this morning and he came out and picked a chair about two up from us....of course, we stayed out in the waves until he left...then this evening, when we were in the lazy river, it took him about 15 minutes to show up...and less than 5 after that for us to leave. So the lazy river is on the 6th floor and the pool is on the ground floor so we just went down to the indoor pool which was pretty quiet. And who do we see peering in the window about 10 minutes after that? Yep. You guessed it. I think being in a "room" and not outside may have deterred him b/c he headed out to the beach after that. Oh and we can't forget the first day when he took the elevator going DOWN so he could keep talking to us until we got off and THEN he went back up to his floor. Sheesh. Yeah bless his heart and everything....guess no vacation can be perfect.

Speaking of imperfections.....our place is great. However last night we discovered that the walls in our bedroom are not much thicker than paper. Wanna know how we found out? We were sound asleep and bout 11:30 or so it sounds like the place is falling down around us. I'm thinking....what in the WORLD? Well the first couple thumps I was okay with....but they continued. Not only continued, got worse....doors slamming....repeatedly....people talking loudly...banging around.....it was literally like they were in the condo WITH us. I was SOO ticked....I was THIS close to banging on the wall. I even walked to the door to see if anyone was out there for me to yell at. GRRR....every time I tried to go back to sleep there would be another series of bangs and bumps. So I roll out of bed and KC goes...where are you going? I'm like...um....to bang on the wall or something. He says, NO, you GET back into bed NOW. I'm confused now....what's his problem...then he says, they are drunk and you can't do anything about it...just try to ignore it. So I get back into bed....I'm fuming...how totally irritating....now that I'm definitely not going to do anything and I don't want KC doing anything now either. There were at least three guys in there and it must have been in the room behind ours. And after KC said that about them being drunk....about 5 minutes later we hear some more bangs and bumps and then one of them turns the shower on and gets in...and commences singing....singing this (loudly and off key): I'm singing in the shower....singing in the showerrrrrrr. Yep....seriously...and we could hear every single bad note of that little ditty....it sounded like he was in OUR shower....thats how thin the walls are. Definitely had a few too many drinks. Oh I was HOT!

Well, they were finally quiet and I fell back asleep (surprisingly enough KC slept through most of it) but anyways....so I wake up this morning (around 6:30-7) and the first thing that goes through my head is hmmmmm....guess they probably aren't awake yet since they were up so late....I think it would be fitting for me to start banging around really loudly and slamming doors....ROFL. Okay...so it was an evil thought...I know....not exactly turning the other cheek. So I resisted temptation....but I didn't tiptoe around either. LOL.

Anywhoo....I'm getting hungry now so I'm going to raid the kitchen. Here's some pictures before I go...okay maybe not. They're not posting. OH well.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)