Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ill-equipped

Some days I just don’t feel like I know what I’m doing.  I could go into detail, but that old saying comes to mind: “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.” 

And so, I just muddle on through….one day at a time.  Some days I LOOK like I know what I’m doing. 

Other days I just drink an extra Dr. Pepper….or three.

I thought about quitting again. By the third one, I decided that was a bad idea.  It’s not such a bad vice, really. 

I’m really into changing the subject at random. 

Today’s Facebook Status: Teachers are GROSSLY underpaid. I have 18 kids in Munchkin’s third grade class by myself for two hours so the real teacher can get a two hour lunch....how DO teachers do this every day, all day without violating the sixth commandment??? Lol ;-)

The sixth commandment part was just being funny…don’t take me seriously on that one.  LOL.  Also, it’s not the one about committing adultery…lol…I checked and triple checked to make sure I didn’t put that one….lol. 

I think I’m not so well equipped to be a blogger either sometimes.  There is literally no point whatsoever to this post since I’ve already decided I’m not going to talk about what’s REALLY on my mind. 

I shouldn’t blog after midnight and three (large) DP's.  Bad idea.  But after three (lg) DP’s, sleep isn’t working either. 

However, this is worse, so I think I’ll go try sleep again.  If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll start writing out the terrible awful homework assignment on Honesty and the Negative Effects of Being Sneaky for the little miss in the house.  Pooh…I don’t know what we’re going to do with her…I can’t figure out what she’s thinking.  This is like the 15th time we’ve had this conversation on Honesty, and the 4th for this very specific issue of disappearing papers between school and home.  So.  The terrible awful no-good homework assignment for this weekend…I’m thinking I’ll start with making her look up and copy off some definitions of honesty and deceit and then write a report comparing the two (because sheesh, that’s what they do in third grade these days!).  I’m not sure if I should add to that or not…or what I should add to it.  All I know is somehow, she’s got to figure out that she needs to use her amazing intelligence in ways OTHER than manipulating the system.   Kids are gonna be kids…that’s just all there is to it…I get that…but I don’t get lying when you know everyone has proof of the truth already and that all you’re gonna get is trouble for your efforts.  What would make you do that?  Or how do you deal with a kid who does?

Okay, I spent enough time on that thought to make me sleepy…night now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)