First order of business was to catch up on the laundry…and that massive mess around the hamper went away. After that, we removed everything, and patched the walls/cleaned/painted. (Huge thanks to the Mom-In-Law for the assistance with paint projects). Brooms and mops went into the garage where they are going to be hung just outside the laundry room door for easy access. I didn’t take photos of the inside of the cabinets, but I also re-organized those so that all the cleaning supplies were with like products, etc. Rug moved to the entrance of laundry room from garage to catch dirt before coming in the house. And junk collecting on top of dryer was put in proper homes, thrown away, or put up in the cabinet. This room is much nicer now.
1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it? The hardest part of this project was cleaning and painting this room.
2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order? I put all the like cleaning supplies in the same place so I can find and put them away easier.
3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space? There wasn’t much stuff that needed to be purged out of here.
4. What creative storage solutions were you able to introduce in order to create additional space as well as establish some limits and boundaries? more baskets…baskets are my favorite. *grin*
5. Why do you think you should win this challenge? Well, I’d love to win the organizational tools because I still have quite a bit of organizing left to do, but I’d say all in all, I’ve already won because this room is much more organized now. =)