First step in here was to clear the whole thing off and have the hubby set up the computer. This is the kid’s computer area (although I occasionally set my laptop in the now cleared area to the side and make them share…lol) so it works out well, since I want the “public” computer to be under supervision…particularly when we have kids using it who happen to be able to use the internet and etc.
So after I cleared everything off, I sorted into what needed to stay in this area (kid’s art/school supplies are in the upper cabinets along with computer games, some dvds that never made it into the case that holds the dvd collection…this stash came in real handy when we first moved in and I needed something to entertain the kidlets and couldn’t find the box that had the dvd collection in it…lol) and what needed to go away (office stuff for the grownup office, junk that had got piled here for lack of better place to pile it, etc.).
Another project down. I love getting to USE this area (for something besides a spot to pile things on…)
1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it? The hardest part of the challenge was getting everything that truly NEEDED to be somewhere else, put where it belonged…and I partially overcame it, but there are still a few items that probably would work better somewhere else.
2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order? Making myself not just set things down on this desk simply because it’s handy.
3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space? Most of it was stuff we had to keep, but belonged somewhere else, so I just moved things to the room they belonged in to work on when I get to those rooms.
4. What creative storage solutions were you able to introduce in order to create additional space as well as establish some limits and boundaries? Small baskets to hold little things on the shelf.
5. Why do you think you should win this challenge? Well, I’d love to win the organizational tools because I still have quite a bit of organizing left to do, but I’d say all in all, I’ve already won because this space is totally usable now. =)
PS…almost a week (or has it been more than a week?) of not posting, and ya got three in one night…LOL! So be sure to scroll on down… ;-) I was actually going to post more than this, but it’s late and I’ve got to bed. *sigh* Later!