Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

That ditch in front of our house for example.  It’s not as shallow as it appears.  And our truck?  It kinda looks like it could be an off road vehicle, but it’s not. 

And the hill on one side of the drive near the ditch at the road?  Well, it doesn’t look so steep that a person would have a hard time climbing up it to throw mulch on it.  *ahem*  It is. 

So.  *ahem*  If a person that might seem to be me, (oh wait, it was), were to assume that said ditch wasn’t that deep, and that said truck was fully capable of backing into it, so that said person could much more easily throw the mulch up said hill, said person might just be dumb enough to do it.  Yes, one should never assume. 

I have only three more things to say about this story:

  1. the moment my stupid self said person backed into that ditch, the first and ONLY thought in their head was, oh dear heavens, KC IS GOING TO KILL ME!  Please tell me we’re not stuck, oh please, oh please, oh please---NOOOOO……KC IS GOING TO KILL ME!
  2. It was much, much easier to unload the mulch from the truck’s position in the ditch.  Mostly because I said person very nearly rolled the truck over and just dumped it out on that hill.  The ditch was THAT deep.  Oops.  
  3. Thank GOD for Triple A!!!!!!!!  Our membership has now paid for itself.  Also, they are amazing…they called like three times while I said person was waiting for the tow truck to get here to pull it out…JUST to make sure that I said person was in a safe place and still doing okay. 

Also when it comes to the house, you know, things aren’t always as they seem, there either…not that the rooms were in bad shape before I took pictures, but I

did have to go through real quick and pick up some things and put a few things out of sight before taking pictures…

*sigh*  Just so ya’ll know I’m being perfectly honest here…wouldn’t want anyone to think my house is magazine perfect all the time…cuz that would be a lie.  LOL.  Actually, I think in one of the boy bedroom shots, there is a clump of something that needed to be vacuumed up, that I missed.  Oops.  OH WELL. 

And PS, we now have a lockbox on the door and sign out front…it’s officially for sale now.  =) 

7 comments:

  1. so glad you are OKAY and the truck didn't roll!!!! :o) Hope KC wasn't too upset about it. And I hope it didn't leave a mark in your yard. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I appreciate the said person's honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:31 PM

    That is too funny. Did you take any pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl! :D I think it's funny because stuff like that usually only happens to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Faith! That same thing happened to me before....except the ditch was filled with 6 feet of snow so it looked like it was even with the street...until I parked there and my car turned on its side!! Took 6 men and many tow ropes to get me out of that one (On new Years Eve might I add)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pics of your house. It's beautiful! I like your decorating style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow girl you have been B U S Y!!!
    The house looks awesome; I hope you get a buyer soon! Have you found a new place yet?

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)