Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Did You Know?

That if you cross two lanes (EVEN IF BOTH LANES ARE CLEAR), it is considered unsafe movement and illegal?  And that it is preferred that you cause an accident by stopping behind a person who cannot merge onto interstate as opposed to going on around them?  Well, okay, I added the last part, but that’s basically how it is. 

Yeah.  I didn’t know that.  And apparently I did it right in front of a cop because he was on me like white on rice. 

To make it more perfect, I was on my way to sisters night out…so at least half the sisters coming from my direction witnessed my moment there on the side of the interstate. 

I couldn’t find my registration…i knew it was in there but I was so flustered and I kept flipping through the car papers and couldn’t find it.  But at least I didn’t cry until after he took my license and went back to his car.  And I didn’t even know why he pulled me until after he brought back his little clipboard and asked me to sign.  I asked him what I did before I signed it, and he told me and then he explained it was just a warning.  I was much happier to sign it then.  Dear heavenly father. 

I wouldn’t have cried if I hadn’t really thought I was going to get a ticket because I ALWAYS do…and because I did not want to have to tell KC.  LOL. 

I was SOOO relieved to not get a ticket…gaaaa.  I wasn’t going to blog tonight but whew…needed to get that out of my system.  I took a few pics of girls night out tonight but I don’t have it in me to get up, go get the camera, download and upload…yeah.  anyway. 

Dear God, thank you for answering my desperate plea for that cop to have a teeny tiny ounce of mercy on me tonight.  He did.  And I really really appreciate it!  *sigh of relief* AMEN!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my lands! Glad it was just a warning. And thanks for warning me. I do that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry girl. Glad it was only a warning. I wasn't so lucky on our last trip to Ohio. Thankfully, Mike took it easy on me and....laughed. (I know, I was shocked, too!)

    And we had a good time tonight after all, didn't we? Well, for the most part, right? *wincing*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad for you and your insurance company. I can relate about crying for fear of a ticket. I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALWAYS get a ticket too. I don't think cops of McDowell know about warning tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the ticket, but glad it was just a warning! What a relief! Who knew you would get pulled for such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would have seen you....
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stinks but I am glad you didn't get the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you didn't get a ticket. Policemen can just make you feel like you're sitting in the principal's office can't they?

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)