Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Alka-seltzer Plus

I have a burning question.  This has bugged me for ages.  How is it possible that a cold medicine can make you excitable and drowsy all at the same time? 

And while we’re on the subject…I feel rotten.  We had to leave church early because about midway through, my face started burning and when my eyeballs and lips burn like that, I’m usually running a temp.  Not to mention the fact that my head was exploding.  So we headed home to load up on cold meds. 

FYI…that icky (supposedly tasteless) alkaseltzer powder that you put in drinks?  Hot chocolate actually does make it tasteless. 

Heard from the realtor today…it’s back to the drawing board on the real estate side of things.  On the bright side, we’re not so rushed now to get everything ready to put ours on the market.  Although we are still going to go ahead and get all the detail stuff wrapped up so that we’re not rushed when we DO find a bigger place that is meant to be.  Oooohhh well. 

But I got the front porch railing repainted today.  I was miserable and sneezing all the way through but it’s done and it’s bright and white and fresh now.  It was a bigger job than I anticipated because I was just going to touch up the red mudstains, but the rest of it looked so dingy that I had to paint over it all.  Bummer.  Oh well…it does look better now.  Next on the to-do list is kill those railing planters which contain the flowers that the frost already killed and just start with some fresh.  But I’ll save that for another day – when I feel better.

And now I’m drowsy.  Night.

2 comments:

  1. I could tell you weren't feeling good. Hope it passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! I missed church last night too due to a migrane and sick stomach. We could have a "sick" party where we both lie in bed all day or on the couch or something. It can't be a paint party, I don't have the energy. :oP

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)