Thursday, August 06, 2009

What Happened?

*Disclaimer* My tone may be a little down in this post.  It’s not been a
sunshine-y week for me, I guess…but this is my mood this week, so if you prefer bright and happy, just leave now.  If I wait till all is happy and bright again, it may be a long time between posts.  Like it or lump it…life ain’t always “UP.”  So if you keep reading, remember you’ve been warned and if you dare try to lecture me about it (or lecture about it/me to anyone else) this is not the week when I just lie down and take it.

*MOVING ON*

It has been an odd week.  It’s been so busy that on Tuesday night, it felt like I’d already been through a full week and I thought it was Thursday night.  Tonight it really IS Thursday night and I can’t figure out where the week went and why I haven’t blogged.  Well.  I can tell you why I haven’t blogged. 

I’ve been B.U.S.Y.  Being Unusually Stressed Yout.  LOL.  (well, couldn’t come up with a Y word.)

Monday was my daddy’s birthday (Happy Birthday, Dad!) and I was so busy it completely slipped my mind.  I’m such a terrible child.  Mom called to remind me on Tuesday (thanks, mom, but you should have called to remind me on SUNDAY!  LOL).  NAYWAY.  I made a special trip down to their town and took them both to Lunch on Wednesday (double whammy since Wednesday was their anniversary). 

Anyways, {GUYS, LOOK AWAY NOW!} besides feeling guilty for my utter forgetfulness, it’s also been a week of PMS…must be making up for the last few months when the PMS has been pretty low key. 

{KAY…YOU CAN LOOK AGAIN} and the kids…eeeesh.  OFF THE CHARTS.  Don’t know what Munchkin’s problem is now, but since Sunday, she is doing things deliberately to get in trouble.  Writing on the walls, playing with water in rooms where water doesn’t belong and making a wet mess of everything, super super bossy, getting up after being tucked in bed (wayyy past bedtime) and playing with her toys…serious defiance issues going on and I don’t know what caused it, but my mood is not in the mood for it this week.  I don’t know what she’s thinking except I know she knows what she’s doing, because each time, she’s explained to me exactly what rule she broke AND the reason for the rule (and these are not new rules either)…the only thing she WON’T tell me is WHY she feels like acting this way all of a sudden.  *sigh*  She’s got a TON of toys and things, but at the rate she’s going, they’re ALL going to be in temporary banishment in my room before much longer.  I might have to find a new storage place for “temporary banishment” cuz my room is starting to get cluttered.  LOL!  K-man has been better at school than he was, but he’s been up like the last 18 nights in the middle of the night….just sitting there crying until I go in there.  Nothing wrong, he’s just gotta potty.  I’m like, hey, no biggie, don’t cry about it, just get up and go and stop crying about it.  Like I said, this is not a good week for my patience level.  But I’m workin on it.  Needless to say, I’ve been praying quite a bit this week.  LOL!  Mostly that I don’t go off the deep end…sometimes it works.  Not complaining, really, just stating facts.  They’re good kids, I’m not forgetting that, just having a hard time this week trying to be patient with these out of the ordinary behaviors.  *sigh*  This parenting business is tough!

Then there’s my de-stressing time…in which I’ve been doing digi-scrapping (yeah, instead of blogging.  LOL).  I’m putting that stuff up over on the Always Faith Designs Blog (at least one of my blogs is getting updates, right?)

Oh and let’s not forget the working my tail off on house stuff part.  Today especially.  I filed about a thousand and one trees worth of paperwork.  Have I mentioned that I haven’t filed since 2007?  That’s two years, people!  And before that, the files were a bit scattered, a few years of this stuff in that box and a few years of this other stuff in this box….that kind of thing.  Definitely a mess.  Which was why I kept putting it off.  ALL STINKIN DAY I FILED.  My back is KILLIN me.  KC says it builds character. 

Close your eyes for a second so I can roll mine. Kay.  I’m done.  (BLESS HIS HEART!  LOL)  Really, he’s great.  I love him.  Even if he does give me a hard time.  *GRIN*

Nuff about that.  (Oh, except to say that all the OLD files are now neatly organized together and ready to pack away and all the –semi-CURRENT files are in the filing cabinet and –mostly- sensibly organized –Mission accomplished).

Weeding the landscaping?  Well, let’s not talk about that either. My fingers still hurt.  *note to self, please buy new gardening gloves.  Ones that have the fingers worn clear through will not be much help*

Sister’s night out on Tuesday night.  Now that was fun!  I was SO ready for that one! 

Laundry…ohhhhh the laundry just NEVER goes away.  *SIGH*

Well, this post is making me tired.  I’ve got to start blogging more regularly so that my posts don’t so closely resemble to-do lists…or rather, HAVE DONE lists. 

LOL!  In brighter news, only a few more days till beach time!  YAHOO!  And then only a few days past that till back to school time.  YOW.  Got too much to do. 

4 comments:

  1. I have to say your post made me feel tired. But you warned me right? Maybe I should say double tired b/c my week has been SUPER SUPER SIZED busy. More than normal. And it's not going to get better next week b/c it's VBS week. Well, I hope you get to relax at the beach before school starts. :o) Happy seashell hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up. I hope your weekend goes better. Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach!!! Oh, wish I was going to the beach! I will have to blog about that subject! You have had a lot going on this week! Take a break BEFORE vacation because usually vacation is not a resting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm late on this...but here's some {{{{{HUGZ}}}}} anyway. :D Things are crazy everywhere. I think a lot of people are feeling the pressure. I know I am too.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)