Saturday, August 08, 2009

Inch By Inch

Our yard is moving ever closer to becoming mud-less.  Not that I ever hope to have it entirely mud FREE, but LESS is wonderful and I’m happy with that. 

The backyard just makes me happy.  What?  You don’t understand?  Let me just show you:

BEFORE:
IMG_3398

And ya’ll have seen some of the AFTER shots, but here’s the inches that have gotten covered this weekend.  The inches that are covered with 18+ tons of crushed gravel.  HELLO GIANT PATIO. 

IMG_3720IMG_4134eweb  IMG_3450IMG_4132eweb

Next project: Find something to do with that leftover pile of gravel (like sell it to the neighbor) and power wash that unsightly mud line left over from the rain splatters during the time of the reign of mud.  Oh, and clean up that plastic and build some steps up to the playground, which will effectively cover the remaining major dirt area.  Yippee!

Methinks it’s high time for a celebration.  Perhaps a cookout.  In our backyard.  Wanna come?

FYI for future reference, ticking me off would be a very bad idea.  Not to discourage you from coming to previously mentioned celebration or anything but, see that pile of gravel in the last picture up there?  That is a little less than HALF of what my lonesome self and my faithful shovel started with at 9am this morning.  At 11:30am, when KC got home, that was about what was left (I say about, because he did help me finish up the last bit) and when we quit at noon, that was the pile that was left.

In case you didn’t catch that, three hours of shoveling and raking.  I’m guessing about 9 ton of gravel moved…and trust me, it didn’t move by itself (although I found myself wishing for that a few times).  Not only is that a killer workout, my right hook just got a little more powerful.  BWAHAHAHAHAAA

8 comments:

  1. Good job honey! Not everyone can claim that they sleep next to Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well, I don't quite think I've reached wonder woman status yet. LOL. But I'm working on it. Just pray I don't have some kind of nightmare and start throwing punches in my sleep...you might not find yourself SLEEPING next to wonder woman. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...to your comments....great job on the super big patio! Just one question though. Did ya leave any green grass in the back yard or is it all gravel now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! NO GRASS! With grass comes mud. With gravel comes...uh....rocks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and uh...we're considering painting a square of the gravel green....and calling it grassvel. *GRIN*

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome!!! I wanna come to the cookout. :D Grassvel? - you should market that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be interested in the gravel!!! If you are still wanting to sell! I have a little project that I am thinking about doing! Will post about it later...backyard looks wonderful! Love the patio, just waiting when I can sit down on it and get a tan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That looks incredible... straight out of a magazine! When's that cookout? I'll put it on my calendar! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)