Monday, August 31, 2009

August Photo Hunt – The Pictures

Well, it’s the end of the month….which means I get to post all these pictures.  I did REALLY good this month and didn’t procrastinate (as bad) so I only had 5 pictures that I had to run around this morning and find.  LOL.  YAY ME!  And I had most of them already uploaded to this post and ready to go, too.  Wahooo! 

All the details of this photo hunt: Photo Hunt 3 - Details
To see the other participants photos, click here: Photo Hunt 3 – Participants
When the favorites are selected for voting, they will be posted in individual posts with a poll for voting.  Check back in Sept for the posts with the selected favorites for voting. Photo Hunt Blog

Okay…so here’s mine. 

  1. A fountain
    IMG_9632eweb 
    North Myrtle Beach.  It was near a disgracefully discusting thrift store…we were not happy with the thrifting on our vacation.  BUT WE WON’T DISCUSS THAT HERE.  LOL!

  2. A Road or Pathway
    IMG_9856eweb
    Almost to the ocean…woohoo!

  3. A Fence
    IMG_9694eweb 
    Beach fence…love it.

  4. A symbol
    IMG_9939web 
    Community Watch Eyeball…teehehe

  5. A Black & White Photo
    IMG_9917webIMG_9918web
    This was a wedding gift from some of my mom’s family.  It’s a photo of my mom’s parents and siblings.  Mom wasn’t even born yet.  The second picture is a close-up so you can fully appreciate the looker my pap-paw was in his younger days.  LOL!  It’s been on display somewhere in our house during the entire (almost) eight (gasp) years that I’ve been married.  I love it. 

  6. A clunker car
    IMG_9903web
    I think this one clunked for the last time…and is taking up TWO parkings next to the NO PARKING sign.  WOOT!

  7. A cool car
    IMG_9936web
    Oh yeah.  Hummer, baby!  Can’t get much cooler…well, it’s cool as long as we’re not talking about gas mileage. 

  8. A Portrait 
    IMG_9434e2web
    My friends…I love these chicks!

  9. Amusement
    IMG_9648eweb 
    Munchkin again falls prey to the old: “look down in this hole” trick.  This time at least it was not a mud puddle that splashed her….LOL! 

  10. Back to School
    IMG_9909eweb
    Yep.  Munchkin is officially a Kindergartener!!!

  11. Urban/City – ARCHIVED SHOT FROM JANUARY
    ARCHIVEDPHOTO 
    Didn’t get a “CITY” shot this month, so I dug one that I took in Atlanta out of my archives. 

  12. Suburban
    IMG_9557eweb 
    This was one view from our condo at the beach a few weeks ago.  Not your typical suburb, I guess, but wikipedia defines suburban as “the residential areas of a large city, or separate residential communities within commuting distance of a city” in which case, I’d say this applies.  I mean…Myrtle/N. Myrtle is definitely larger than my town.  LOL. 

  13. Country/Rural
    IMG_9523eweb
    Middle of Nowhere, SC.  Nothing but fields.  And a water tower.  And a single, solitary fence post (well, okay, there were more fence posts.  Just not in this pic).

  14. Something Domestic
    IMG_9935web
    LAUNDRY!  I LOVE washing towels.  No really, if I HAVE to do laundry, my favorite load is towels.  They’re all so standard.  Makes my OCD tendencies so happy.

  15. Something Wild
    IMG_9843eweb
    This little mermaid I found half buried in the sand while we were at the beach…wild in more than one way…LOL!

  16. Something Silver
    IMG_9940web
    The handle of my umbrella.  Today is a rainy day.  JOY.

  17. Something Gold
    IMG_9854eweb 
    This is the Golden Silk Spider which is one of the largest spiders in North America.  According to one place I read, it is second in size only to the tarantula (in North America).  Spotted this one on our SC beach trip a few weeks ago.  It was easily larger than the palm of my hand (including the legs) but I wasn’t about to stick my hand up there to show you.  It’s called Golden Silk because of the golden/yellow color of its web.

  18. Something Shiny
    IMG_9922web
    The inside of a Gi-normous flashlight.  And this wasn’t even ON!

  19. Something Miniature
    IMG_9941web
    Munchkin’s dollhouse crib…it’s sitting in the dollhouse nursery: a room that is 12.5 inches tall. 

  20. Something Delicious
    IMG_9403eweb 
    Sallie’s homemade bug cakes for Brother’s birthday party back at the beginning of August.

15 comments:

  1. You did a great job finding creative images for each topic. I loved your path to the beach. The hummer is definitely cool. Loved the peek over the shoulder with the back pack. Your wild mermaid was probably the best catch of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Loved looking at your pics...while I folded my towels:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative shots. The wild shot was especially fun and creative. :)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool photos! I love the fountain one, the domestic one and the amusement/pool one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mermaid picture of Shelly!!! We could have done without the spider though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. creative pics for your photo hunt! Enjoyed look'n at 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2, 8 and ofcourse 15!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always do such a great job on these! some great and some funny ones in this bunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Pics! I think I liked your pathway and fence the best! You were very creative with your gold. Your photos are beautiful!
    If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwwwww!!!!!! love you 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings from Finland & thanks for visiting my photohunt!

    Really good pictures you've got here, I liked most of portrait and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I WISH I had known about THIS one! I sO would have played! Well... I'm glad you found mine for September! It will be a sure pleasure to have you play! (you did GREAT on this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite is the path, looks lovely. The something wild shot is neat. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all great, Faith! Nice job, we will see many of them in my favorites.....coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved your path and the bug cakes were darling! Great photos!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)