Thursday, October 16, 2008

Things I Love Thursday: Salad Shooter

And no, by "Salad Shooter," I'm not talking about target practice on bits of lettuce.

I'm actually talking about one of these things that grates/shreds cheese, nuts, veggies, or whatever....like a charm. I picked mine up at a thrift store (I might'a paid two dollars--yay!) by recommendation of a good friend who was with me at the time (bless you, Sis T.), and this thing is wonderful.

When I first got it, I used it a few times to make salads and it sure beats the fire out of hand grating (I should know, that was on our chore list when I was a kid...we had salad almost every night, so I was a professional hand grater....and I grated a few salad fixin's each night, too....LOL).

Then for awhile, it sat on my shelf unused (just because I didn't cook a whole lot and what I DID cook was convenience foods that were already mostly prepared), but now that food prices have gone up and I'm looking for every way to be frugal, this baby comes out several times a week. Usually for cheese, since the block cheese is much cheaper than the shredded version and it only takes a couple extra minutes to shred it myself with this handy dandy little gadget. And the best part is that with this tool, I don't shred my hands anymore. LOL!

It's made by Presto and mine is an older version but I LOVE IT!

You can go to the official Presto website for more information and where to buy it, and don't worry...they're not paying me anything to tell you this either. This is a lousy deal and I get nothing out of it. Oh well. Life's a bummer. =)

I've never done one of these Things I Love Thursdays, but I've seen the posts on several blogs and today when I got it out to shred some cheese to go in the hashbrown casserole, I thought...MAN, I LOVE this thing. And hey, this is Thursday, to boot. I could do a blog post on it! LOL.

So there it is. This may be the only TILT I wind up doing, but then again, I was looking for something to get me going on the ends of the weeks that seem to get stuck, so this would take care of one of those days. We'll see.

Anyways, go forth and grate. Or shred. Just do it.

5 comments:

  1. I just got a food dicer that I LOVE, but this thing looks awesome too. I love kitchen gadgets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Pamper Chef Mandolin that I got as a wedding gift and I love it! Works just as great as yours sounds. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if I should add that little kitchen gadget to my wish list.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:50 PM

    I didn't do TILT this week ... 'cause I forgot... but I am glad I read this post! We love salads, and I love that my kids will eat them but I get sick of chopping. Why didn't I know about this before?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes kitchen gadgets ARE sooo nice. except for this one I got that was one of those as seen on tv things. It didn't work. Ugh.

    Bigbinder-go get one...it's awesome. And I'm happy to be of service. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)