Monday, October 13, 2008

Rainy Days Don't Last Forever

Thank GOODNESS! I get so much more done when the weather is nice and I am not operating under a cloud...either in the weather or in my brain. LOL.

So I finished a project on Friday that has been sitting up on one of my cabinets for nearly six months. (YIKES) I was really glad to finally have it finished and be happy with it. And better yet, since it was a gift for one of my dear friends, I was able to give it to her and SHE liked it. Yay! It was originally supposed to be a wedding gift (wincing...why do I tell on myself like this?) but it ended up being a late anniversary gift...LOL! Better late than never, I guess. (Products Used: flowers: Close to My Heart; gold ribbon: generic variety from Walmart; Husband & Wife rub-on: hobby-lobby; brads: some booth at last year's Scrapbook Convention)

Let's see...what else...oh, in the rainy weather category, the last couple of days have had a few deaths that have been a little rough.

We had to go up to the town where KC works on Friday night to a receiving of friends for his ex-boss's son. That was a tough one. Tough in the cause of death and tough because the family had a LOT of friends and we had to stand in line for over an hour with our two small kids. Especially since our friendly little munchkin befriended everyone in line around us. And you know, when you get her going, it's hard to get her stopped. She can say a LOT in an hour when she's got a captive audience of people that she's never met before. LOL! EEEK. Nuff about that.

Today's major projects: clipped coupons (I HATE that chore, but it saved me about $15 at the grocery store this afternoon), got a couple of books ready to mail for paperbackswap and took them to the post office (only to discover that today is Columbus Day....and I got to bring my packages back home--better luck next time), took some shots of Morgan (more on that as I get some edited), went grocery shopping (saved approximately $30 between coupons and my store savings card), came back and had a sandwich with Morgan while we worked on her math....

THEN...after I got the kids, I made this yummy-licious creation (at least I hope it turns out as yummy as it sounded here (although she originally got it here - which was the non-crockpot version - and can I just say that I have yet to see anything that Pioneer Woman does that I do not just LOVE....*huge sigh*)

I do not know what the final picture will look like yet, as it is just in the cooking stage at this point, but all I know is that me and the vanilla ice cream in the freezer are anxiously awaiting 7:30pm.

The second picture is the dumplings swimming in Mountain Dew, just because I had so much fun with the bubblicious way that it foamed all over the place when I poured the Mt Dew over it.

Ohhhhhhh.....7:30....
will you ever get here????

Oops....I guess I should hop off here and get supper cooked before 5:30 gets here, b/c it's coming a lot quicker than 7:30......

Later!

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I have decided that you have entirely too much talent. Seriously, you must share. Oh, and I get MORE day when it's a rainy day I think. Well, depends if I'm sleepy. If I'm sleep it doesn't matter if there are clouds or not! Or if I have an exam in the morning... uh, gotta go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do LOVE my gift made all by you! It is marvelous!!! :O) My famliy loved it too! Again, you do such an awesome job. This little picture frame is in our room rigt now, and the big one is in the living room. It's not hung up yet b/c I can't decide whether to hang it there or in the dinning room. Maybe it'll go in our room, but I really want anyone who enters, to be able to see it. :O) Loving it! THANKS! By the way, how did your "yummy" picture turn out in your mouth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the gift for Jules . The dessert looks yummy too . I wish you many more sunny days !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures of Jules and Clay are great! I am sure they will be pleased. Again, you're just too creative.

    As for the recipe, on first glance I thought you were 'crock potting' pigs in a blanket. *smile*

    Dessert doesn't come often at my house so maybe I'll give this one a try as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Faith you. You have more talent in you little pinky than I do in my whole body! I love that you use it to bless others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an artist, beautiful pics and collage. How DID that dessert turn out?

    I tagged you, I hope that's ok. It was fun, hope you like it :) It's in my post "Tag, I'm It"

    ReplyDelete
  7. just read pianeer woman's receipe and she's making me hungery!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)