Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Loaded 'Lids

Wow. My eyelids feel like there's at least 10 lbs of steel weighting them down right about now. It's been a seriously full day.

I thought about getting a head start on my Thursday/Friday Writer's Block problem from last week, but then I decided I'll go ahead and post a quick update on my day anyways.

I'm not operating on enough brainpower right this minute to do it in the ABC Prompt style that Amy mentioned in her comment on the Writer's Block post,

"...Try the prompt where each sentence has to start with an alphabet letter in corresponding order."

but maybe I'll save that one for tomorrow or Friday. *smiles*

Enough rambling about that....you're wondering why my eyelids are so heavy when it's only 9:30pm, right? Well...I'm SOO glad you asked. (lol)

Well, one of my friends stayed the night last night and we were up until 1am this morning (by accident, I REALLY thought it was around 11:30) playing the Wii. In the Wii sports game, there is some kind of test using the bowling/tennis/golf/baseball/boxing to see what your Wii Fit Age would be, according to your stamina and speed or whatever. Well, I won't even admit out loud how ancient I am, but let's just say my friend and I spent all evening doing the "training" exercises to try to bring our age down to an age that was at least within spitting distance of our TRUE ages. Haha.

Then we had to get up at 6:30, get showers and get the kids to school by 7 so that I could get the car into the shop by 7:50, so that my mom could come give us a ride back to the college where I used to work, so that she could go to class and so that we could hang out for awhile and wait on the car to be fixed and then inspected (and yes, 5 hours later, it passed inspection after they had to fix several things, and only cost $114, which isn't bad from a Honda Dealership...*grin*)..... The cool thing is that mom loaned us her car, so we went to the library and hit a thrift shop (well, not literally HIT) as well as spending a bit of time hanging out at the old workplace, and then we went back and got mom for lunch and another thrift store and then took HER car to the dealership and left it to be worked on and I gave HER a ride back to work. LOL. It was an interesting shuffle.

Yeah, that was as tiring as it sounded. 5 hours of sleep. Early morning. It was just like it used to be back when I was working down there....kids going early to school, me trying to drive through closed eyelids, trying to be on time....ooh. I don't miss it.

Hang on a sec, gotta find a toothpick for these 'lids. Sheesh. I'm gonna have to make this fast or else driving won't be the ONLY thing I do through closed eyelids. LOL. And trust me, you don't want me to blog with my eyes closed. It's bad enough with them open. *smiles*

Anywhoot. That's enough about my day--oh, except that I must add that church service was just what I needed tonight....awesome. But anyways, I think I'll share this pic and a link to go check out the other ones and then go to bed. No actually, I think I might try to read a couple of chapters in that new book from the library....uh...if I can find those toothpicks....or maybe some chocolate (to eat, not to hold my eyes open with....heh!).

Oh yeah. Right. The picture.

This is my favorite of the session I did a few weeks ago.....you might recognize this kid as "Baby G" (whom I have had the absolute honor of photographing many times now and, sadly, is growing up way too fast on the other side of my lens...*SIGH*)
Another handful of edits are at Always Faith Photography - Photo Session: G. (I hope you like them, Kel, and I will get you the disc by the weekend if I can)

Later!

Random Kid Quote:
(Whispering) "Mommy." Pause, then more insistently: "Mommy!" *pointing at baby Aydan (standing near our pew at church tonight)* "Mommy, ain't he jus' PWESS-SHUSSS?!?!?"
-Munchkin (10.1.08)

2 comments:

  1. Take it from someone who knows...sleep deprivation is NOT your friend. It won't help you 'improve' your age, either.

    As for the pic...whose kid IS that, anyway? Absolutely adorable...

    Photography is definitely one of your talents. Thanks for being so willing to take his pix. I'm impressed!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute kid!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)