Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's Been A Long Day

*Incredibly huge sigh here* I don't need to be on here. I need to be going and getting ready for bed. I had to get up at 5 this morning and I'm feeling it. It was really nice to be able to go to work and come home without having to worry about the munchkin. *grin* KC took her and then picked her up cuz my day was really long. I worked 6am-6pm.

I got a call a minute before 6pm from KC....he had picked up the munchkin, gone and got some supper and then got back to the house and realized he was locked out. And I hadn't left work yet. So I flew home (no tickets, thank God) and let him and munchkin in the house. He said just before I got there, she started saying she needed to potty and he had to try all kinds of things to distract her. LOL. Kinda funny. Anyways, she wasn't too hard on him, so he didn't have too terrible of a time with her today. He said when he got her up, she was like, "my mommy at work?" and then, "my daddy take me." and what is strange is that I had just briefly mentioned it the night before that daddy was going to get her ready the next morning cuz mommy had to go to work early....I only mentioned it one time and then the next morning she gets up and remembers that. She is one sharp little cookie!

Speaking of munchkin and her talking skills, she is really coming along on her speech. Just the last few weeks, she is talking in full sentences and learning to pronounce the words so that she's more understandable. It's pretty amazing. I am ready for someone that knew her before to see her so that we'll know how much progress she's really making b/c we live with her, so sometimes it's hard to be objective. But anyways.

Well. I'm off to get ready for bed now. I'm really tired.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Keilani had the burst in "speaking" development! I enjoyed that time. :) I hope you slept well. Oh, and I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the social worker will notice for sure!
    you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)