Monday, May 28, 2007

I Got The Droopy Eyes....

I so didn't get a nap today. I didn't really feel that I needed one though....probably b/c I didn't get out of bed until like 8:45. And I probably would have been in bed longer than that except for the fact that KC did an early morning run to the city to exchange the mini fridge we bought the other night. (It was on sale at Target for cheaper than we paid for it at Sam's. Haha)

So I slept until the munchkin got me up. She apparently had been up for a little while. Comforting thought, that. I heard her standing in my doorway asking me if I was awake.....I moaned....she asked again....I moaned again.....that went on for who knows how long. Next thing I know, she's trying to crawl up on the bed. And you know, our bed is like up in the clouds, it's so high, she can't get up without assistance. So I am still trying to get my little blinkers open when I hear the start of the frustrated whine. I don't feel like moving, so I throw my foot out from under the covers and stick it to the edge of the bed, where she latches on and pulls herself up. After which, I promptly returned my foot to the warmth of my cozy comforter.

Bad idea, pulling her up. I had no choice but to wake up then. She bounced all over me, rolled into my face, hugged my head, tried to get under the covers, attacked my feet, tortured the cat......yeah. I figured I should get out of bed.

Then I realized that she was dressed in the clothes I took off of her last night. But being still half asleep, I had to pause for a minute to recollect the events of the previous night. Did I forget to put her jammies on last night? No, I know I took those clothes off of her. So I ask....where did you get those clothes? She says "I found them. My jammies wet. Me poop." LOVE-LY!

I'm like okay....great. So I go to her room. Shore nuff, her bed is wet, she peed through the pull up. Her jammies are in a pile on the floor but no pull up or poop is in sight. So I ask her what she did with her panties. She points to the trash can. Yep, there's her pullups. Okay, so where's the poop? She points to the pull up and says "in there." Nuh uh! Then I figure she must have thought that the way the pullup feels when it's wet was poop. I guess. Cuz I cleaned the house pretty thoroughly today and didn't find any poop. Anyways, except for her clothes being on backwards, I was pretty impressed with her waking up with an issue and taking care of it herself. Usually she just cries. And I had the monitor on, so I would have heard her crying and she didn't.

Anyways, KC was wonderful again today. As usual. He kept the munchkin out of my hair so I could get the floors cleaned and the house and laundry back into decent shape. And he washed the car, and supervised the munchkin playing in her little pool out back (actually, he got in the kiddie pool with her....which was a funny sight, since it's one of those hard plastic ones that is all of 10 inches deep and maybe 4 feet across....probably looked about as funny as I did when I sat in there with her the other day....LOL). But, it was a much more productive day than Saturday. I was very grateful. I actually felt like I got something accomplished.

Speaking of the bad days, let me pause here for a minute to extend my empathy (and sympathy) to my friend whose day didn't go nearly as well as mine did today. It was just one of those days when, as she so aptly put it, "the mountain is definitely on ME today." (As opposed to her being ON the mountain....which, I'm sure everyone would agree, is a much more enjoyable position to be in). That friend and her family came over for supper tonight and I thoroughly enjoyed it. LOL. And not just cuz she reads this blog either. Speaking of her and blogging, I'm trying to talk her into starting to blog. Cuz she shares the funniest stories about her kids. Teeehehe. Maybe sometime I can talk her into at least doing a guest blog on my blog about her little boy and his "moles" ROFL!!!! Anyways.....she's got the cutest kids (okay, so I guess half the credit for that has to go to her hubby, but you know how it is...LOL) and hopefully soon I'll get to do some pictures of their adorable family. =)

And also speaking of the bad days that seem to have hit me in the last few days....thank you to my wonderful friends who have stopped by to leave encouraging comments. It's much appreciated! It's nice to know that someone (or several) understands.

o-Tay. It's 10:37 now and I'm really feeling the urge to hit the hay. I have to go back to work tomorrow (joy) and I worked hard enough today to deserve some extra rest. Let me just put it this way (as I pat myself on the back), the house currently looks as close to looking like our house "before kids" as it has since the house has been occupied by the munchkin. And not only that, but the laundry is not only very close to being completely caught up, but it's also folded AND put away. AND there's not one last load that never made it out of the dryer that is waiting for mommy to need the dryer for another load before getting removed and folded. WOOHOO!

Okay I feel like I'm not making sense anymore, and it's taking too much effort to try, so I'm going now.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)