Tuesday, March 20, 2007

3/18/07

This was typed on Sunday...the last time that I had a chance to open my computer and type....and even then, I didn't have time to connect to the internet. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post later today. My apologies to all my bloggy friends that I haven't had time to get caught up on my bloglines.

Oh my. I think it’s safe to say that I’m exhausted. I also think that I totally underestimated other people’s descriptions of parenting. This one I already knew, but now I REALLY empathize with Baggage over at Baggage and Bug who has (I think….although my brain is kinda out there right now) four kids….one forever and three temporary. WOW. We had three temporary this weekend and I was SO overwhelmed. Thankfully (although I love them to death) two of them were just a couple boys from church that we kept for the weekend since their family was going to be away.

So for the weekend starting at about the same time we got Punkin, we had a 13 yr old, an 8 yr old, and a 2 yr old. I am SO tired. But I feel a lot LESS overwhelmed now that it’s just us an Punkin. I kinda already knew this, but it really is a good idea to start with one and get used to that first. If we hadn’t already made plans to keep the other two boys, I probably would have said we’d keep them a different time. But it all worked out.

She woke up twice last night, crying. She was fine once she realized I was there, but she wanted to be held after that, so I held her for awhile and then put her back in her bed. I think she probably spent a good bit of the night with me holding her b/c I kept falling asleep with her and then put her back in her bed after I woke up again and realized I still had her. LOL.

Bath time was some drama. We’re gonna need to invest in some tub toys. The two little ones I had weren’t enough excitement to entice her to enjoy bath time. Whew. Thank heaven’s she a very clean little girl. We can do a bath in no time at all b/c she doesn’t get that dirty. The dirtiest she has gotten so far has been when she’s eating. She likes to run her tongue around her mouth to clean it and it pretty much just pushes all the food into this big circle around her mouth. *grin* She’s so cute.

Other things I’m going to have to invest in…a baby moniter….I’m all glad about the bunkbed in her room that I can lay on when she gets upset or when she’s falling asleep and everything, but I am VERY ready to sleep in my bed and I’m afraid I won’t hear her if she cries and I’m not in the room.

Baby lotion….oops. Didn’t even think of that one.

Miscellaneous tidbits that I want to write down for when I ever around to making her lifebook:
- She adores pink. If it’s pink and it’s hers….it’s “my pink.”
- When you say “I love you” she gives you this adorable little grin and says “lo-u-too” really fast.
- The cats are either kitty ca aat or tat. And if they’re in her room it’s “TAT! In my oom.” To which I reply, “Yes, the cat is in your room. It’s okay. Nice cat.” Haha.

Going to bed now. Exhausted.

Laid out tomorrow’s clothes: CHECK!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)