Monday, February 12, 2007

Just another Monday

(have I ever mentioned how much I hate titling my blog entries? Well...if I haven't, consider it mentioned. LOL)

The good news is my headache from yesterday FINALLY went away. The bad news is it took a little over 24 hours to disappear (despite the painkillers I took....I thought those things were supposed to kill pain....grrr). Anywhoo....now I have a neck-ache. It hurts right behind my shoulder blades and when I breathe, it REALLY hurts. I tried to quit breathing but....well...that only works well for dead people and I really don't want to join those ranks JUST yet. LOL.

You know, its kinda funny how my headaches always happen on Sundays, which only makes it that much more frustrating and painful to sit through a 2 hour sermon. Argh! Which, I have....on a rare occasion.....listened to a message that was so interesting and thought provoking, that when I looked at the time, I couldn't believe it had really been two hours. But...I DO stress the RARE occasion bit. Also the interesting bit. But come on....if at the end of two hours, I have yet to figure out what the point of the message is....then guess what?! That's two hours wasted. He's a wonderful person and all....BUT....I'm having a bit of a time getting through those services. *oops...I did it again* LOL. Look. I'm sorry, I know it didn't even last for a single post, but I can't help it. I have to vent. And while I'm on a roll......

I'm really sick of people constantly talking about "those who don't have children." Good grief. Like those who don't have children aren't already aware of that fact. Yes, we know. Thank you for pointing that out ONCE AGAIN! Oh and let's not forget the "flowers for those who don't have children" episode.....I have never been so humiliated in my life. Let me briefly elaborate on that little event before I get on to my point.

We had a fall church event last year (fall to be exact...LOL) in which they used live potted mums to make the church decor a little "perkier." So after the event, at the end of the Sunday morning service, they decide to give the flowers out to people in the congregation. Problem: There are a lot more people than there are flowers, which has a great potential for hurt feelings. Solution: select certain "sets of people" to give the flowers to. Now had I known what was to come, I would have "conveniently" disappeared before the end of service...possibly to Timbucktu....but....as *luck* would have it....I was blissfully ignorant....until the moment when I was standing up front with the other "sets of people" and they announced what quality each group was being given flowers for. Now if that wasn't bad enough....besides the fact that there were other, way more deserving women, that should have been given the flowers that were given to us, but the "groups" were something like: "Seasoned Sisters" (the three or four that are over 50), the ones that were helping with the food and organization for the event, the pastor's wife, the two mothers who have four and five children.....and.....the two who have none. Yes, thank you. Thank you very much. Somebody obviously had more heart than common sense. Anyways, then I'm lugging this pretty decent sized flower through the church, making a beeline for the car to ditch the thing (I tried to give it away a couple of times, but nobody would take it) which announces to all who aren't aware, that I have no children....and that was about as humiliating as standing up front to receive it...kinda like appearing in public in your pajamas or walking through a crowded walmart with "extremely personal" items. Yeah. Embarrassing. I took it home and sat it on the table where I could enjoy my "mother's without children" flowers until they died. Yes. I killed them. And put them on my back porch where I could occasionally look out the back door and go, "HA. You're dead, my lovely little "not a mom" mums. BWAHAHAHAH"

Back to my original rant. So what was I talking about? Oh yeah. It really bugs me when people make comments like "if you don't have children, you have no right to an opinion on how others are parenting" and various other statements which virtually have the same meaning. Okay first off, it doesn't take a parent to realize when a kid is a brat, and it doesn't take a genious to watch someone parenting said brat and realize that the reason for brattiness is got something to do with the parenting (or lack thereof). Not to mention that everyone was a kid once and we pretty much have an idea of our parents parenting styles and the methods they used that did or didn't work. Hello....you don't have to be a mechanic to know there's something wrong with the car.... Give me a break. It just burns me up to hear someone say that your opinion is incorrect based only on the fact that you are not a parent. And it only makes it double the burn when it's put in the form of "those of you who don't have children will understand someday/shouldn't judge those who do...." or other some such.....Argh. That is such a turn-off.

Okay. I'm really going to try to stop now.

Anyways. I'm really negative today. Last night's message must have rubbed off on me....lol...oops. that wasn't positive either was it? Tehehehehe.

Today is 12-12.....i think my life is boring though b/c I'm having a really hard time coming up with things to take pictures of that will show my day.....*sigh*

Well....I'm going away now....
Later, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)