Friday, September 29, 2006

Oh MY HEAVENS....

this is most certainly NOT heaven. *HUGE SIGH* If I had had any idea of the amount of stress this one stinking wedding would have caused me, I NEVER would have agreed to do it. I am TOTALLY exhausted.

The main reason for that? I have had approximately 4 hours of sleep in the last um...I think 36 hours....I think b/c I'm not sure...my brain isn't working right now to figure that one out. Yesterday I took the day off (good thing, too...cuz there was a lot to get done)....had the car ready to go when KC got home, then we went to class (an experience in itself) and got home around 9:10 or so....I went to bed around 9:30 and KC had to do a couple of things for work and I think he came to bed around 10 or so....then we got up at midnight and left the house at 1am. I had the first driving shift and drove until around 3:40 and then KC drove from 3:40 to 7:30 when we FINALLY arrived at VA Beach for the wedding rehearsal which was supposed to be at 8:00. Turned out they changed it to 10...and it happened around....10:45 or 11....then we took off for the hotel to get a shower and freshen up a bit. Didn't have enough time to get a nap, although I sure coulda used one. Got back to do the pictures and found the...whatchamacallit thing they stand under (my brain is seriously not working here) had blown down and the people that WERE ready to get their pictures had changed clothes to fix the....um...yeah, arch thingy.
Started taking pictures around 3:30-4pm and finally just left at 8:30....

Today's discoveries:
  • Its not smart to try to photograph your first wedding without proper rest.
  • It takes a LONG time to download 477 pictures. Its now on 261 and its been running for at least 15 minutes. YEOW!
  • Wedding photographers are expensive for a reason.....that is some SERIOUSLY hard work.
  • Its not smart to put a clutz, expensive camera, stress, and lack of sleep in the same equation....thank GOD I caught it before it hit the ground. OOPS.
  • I never ever ever ever ever ever want to photograph a wedding again. If I ever have a brain fart of this magnitude again, somebody shoot me. PLEASE.

I know, I know...I'm griping again....sorry....it just happens when I get this tired. I could have seriously cried several times. Probably still could. I hate being so tired that I cry at the drop of a hat.

All I know is....please please please God, PLEASE let at least a FEW of those 477 pictures turn out okay...and if they turn out great....well....thats even better. And we'd all know the credit couldn't go to me.

If they'd ever finish, I'd post a couple, but theres still a hundred to go. LOL. I'll just go ahead and post this and maybe come back later with some pictures.

I'm crashing now.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)