Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Once Upon A Time

I used to be a semi-interesting blogger. I’m not sure what happened. I was just scrolling through some ancient archives yesterday and thought…sheesh…I might need to get a real job again. Evidently my brain has turned to mush in the last few years…or else I’ve just suffered a shortage of crazy events happening to me that I can write about…or else I’m just too nice to say what I really think these days. Or maybe I’m too mean now to say what I really think…because back then, I must have been nicer since I think I said what I thought back then and it didn’t seem that bad. ROFL. Maybe nicer/meaner isn’t the word…I think I was just really innocent and naïve back then, so when I said what I really thought, it was all good because I had no idea. Now I know too much and if I said what was really on my mind, I realize it would hurt people or might be inappropriate, so I refrain; therefore blog content gets a lot skimpier because it takes way too much creative energy to figure out interesting non-controversial topics. =)

These days, all my creative energy is tied up in homework and writing endless essay answers, I guess. Hopefully one day this will all be finished, I can get a real job again, and my brain will go back to normal (or as normal as it ever can be) functioning.

As long as I don’t turn into a villain, I should eventually get my happy ending. LOL. In case you don’t watch “Once Upon A Time,” I’ve been catching up on last season before the next season starts, so all these references are due to all the mixed up fairy tales I’ve been watching while doing the ENDLESS MOUNTAIN of ironing. It makes ironing slightly more tolerable.

Speaking of intolerable things, my computer is slowly grinding to a halt. I got on this morning and thought I’d clean a few things off and start with emptying the recycle bin. When it said it was deleting 7.2 gigs of trash, I almost panicked, but I resisted and crossed my fingers that there wasn’t anything in there that shouldn’t have been deleted. I have obviously gotta get in the habit of taking out the trash more often.

Anyway, school is going okay this semester…I think I mentioned already that I’m taking 3 classes which is still considered part time. I do NOT know how the rest of the people taking full time classes manage to have jobs and lives and get all their homework done. Part time homework is enough to bog me down. Between that, working on our house (Oy-vey…it never ends), taking care of kids (and THEIR homework, which is no easy task in 3rd and 5th grades), TaiKwanDo two nights a week, being really involved with church…the list goes on…

Whew. Anyway. I’m off for now. It’s about time to head to school and I’m thinking there is something I’m forgetting to do, so I better get moving.

And she lived happily ever after. =) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)