Monday, June 16, 2014

Persevering

I don’t even know when I last posted. But I think I’ve been swamped ever since the last post. No joke.

I mentioned that my suitcase is getting a workout, I just got back from a week in Oklahoma (just outside OKC) on a mission trip with a team from church to help in the rebuilding effort after the tornado. It was an incredible trip. Parts of it I wouldn’t want to repeat, but overall, it was wonderful! Our team rebuilt several fences (or parts of fences), laid tile, installed lighting/fans, did some yard work, and other things I can’t recall right at the moment. I got to know a few people just a little bit better, we got stranded on the way out when our van’s transmission died, some of us played a few card games in the evenings, there were some sunburns and lots of sweat, and overall, just an interesting trip.

June has been insane just like I thought it was going to be though. So far, I’ve spent a week preparing for our yard sale, then had a yard sale, then went on a mission trip, then took some senior pictures, and it’s only half over. Whew. I’m exhausted. Exhausted isn’t such a good thing either. The other day I was so tired, it was like I was drunk and I lost all the filters on my brain and said something I totally shouldn’t have said. Nothing exactly bad, just repeated in the wrong company. I’m still praying that no one heard me or caught that. That’s the last thing I need right now.

One of the good things about not posting very frequently is that a lot of people don’t drop by to read me anymore, so I can feel free to say more of what I’m thinking. LOL. Obviously, I’ll still keep most of my mental filters on since it is still a public blog, but it might take just a bit more of a turn toward being a personal journal. LOL.

So on a personal note, I’ve been a bit down for the last couple of days…just events and junk that’s really bothered me and got me down, but today was really nice. I’ve stayed busy so I wouldn’t think too much, and it seemed like every song on the radio was so appropriately encouraging. That’s just awesome. I don’t know yet if all the situations have worked themselves out completely, but at least for the moment, I’ve got a little more peace about it. 

Well, I think the kid is back home from science camp, so I’ll chat more later I guess. =)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about...lagging behind in the blogging department (reading and posting) and being able to freely speak my mind. It amazes me what others can preach/teach/post about, but I'm supposed to keep a zipper on my lips or I'm sowing discord. Okay!

    On the other hand, I really cannot relate to being busy; at least since graduation and a couple of short trips. After all, there is only so much you can do around the house when your children are grown and take care of themselves. I need a job before I go insane from being stuck at home...and I need a vehicle to get to that job.

    Hope you have a great week...and get a few breathers in along the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, OH...someone's still here! haha. Well, I'm glad it's someone who understands the frustration of getting ragged on for having and sharing opinions. LOL. Hope you're able to find a job and car soon! =)

      Delete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)