Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Unpacking Stinks

I have to say though, it beats living out of boxes for 3 months like we’ve been doing.

And before you think it (or maybe you already have), no, we’re not unpacking boxes yet. Still lots of work to be done before we can move in, but the other kind of unpacking (like at the end of a nice weeklong cruise) is pretty much painful, too. =)

In case you missed that reference, yes, we were on a cruise last week, and it was beautiful. No, I wouldn’t have planned to take a cruise right in the middle of major time-crunched renovations, but we had it booked before our other house even sold. We had no idea when we booked, that the week of the cruise would be smack in the middle of trying to get our new house renovated to move-in ready status.

And we went sans-kids…a very nice mommy/daddy break. A break that was passive-aggressively protested by not doing schoolwork or bringing it home as homework when it didn’t get done at school for an entire week. Kids will be kids.

As far as cruises go, it was awesome. There were a few minor issues I could have done without (like a midnight ER visit right before getting on the ship the next morning, and then needing to drink lots of cranberry and take antibiotics and ibuprofen every few hours all week…yes…I could have TOTALLY skipped that…lol) but on the whole, it was a fantastic time! KC’s cousins met us in Port Canaveral and went on the cruise with us, and we all had a blast hanging out. Laughed SO much…it was great. I shared most of the pics on facebook, but for the few of you who wanted to see them but don’t have facebook, I’ll post some of them here for you. =) Love you, Aunt C! =)


I spent more time having fun than I did taking pictures…but I still got a few I really liked. =) We went snorkeling off a catamaran in St Thomas, paddle-boarding in Coco Cay, walked around St Maarten a few minutes and then decided to go back to the ship and enjoy having it mostly to ourselves while 80% of the other cruisers were off doing excursions, rock climbed, played ping pong, read a few books, took a few naps….got really spoiled.


*sigh* I love cruising.

And then it was like being tossed into a cold shower of reality. Piles of laundry. Homework. School. Housework. Obi had a messed up tail and had to go to the vet for prednisone. I had to go back to the doctor for another round of antibiotics because my little problem was still hanging around. Bills due ASAP. Mail to sort through. ON AND ON…and we can’t forget those renovations still need attention because we are another week closer to the due date. ACKKKK.

No more complaining though. Obi’s tail is perking back up again, and my tail is hopefully going to perk back up again, too. Everything else will (*fingers crossed*) fall into place as we go….

Well, back is hurting and eyes are drooping so I’m headed off to the sack. Night. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)