Things I should be doing right now instead of blogging:
- Homework – That 5-10 page research paper isn’t gonna write itself and the art sketchbook isn’t going to glue all the examples of art into the appropriate pages, either. For that matter, it’s not going to glue all the examples of art in ANY pages, appropriate or not. LOL. And I’m going to do what I did for the entire spring break last week: “Aw…I’ll get to it tomorrow.”
- Filling the planters on the front steps with the baskets of giant, beautiful, red flowers that I bought at the greenhouse today for “curb appeal.” (Not that we really NEED it, since we’ve had so much interest in the house that I’m forced to clean it—really clean it—nearly every day). LOL.
- Dragging out the patio furniture and “staging” the backyard.
- Cleaning out the planters on the back porch so they can be refilled.
- Removing the leaf and brush pile that is currently uglifying the back end of the lot.
- Lugging up the yard-sale boxes from the basement to the garage because that’s happening on Saturday and I need to start getting ready.
- Organizing and doing another (more in-depth) purge of the closets and removing the purged items to the giant yard-sale pile that (should be) in the garage. (Note that the photo of my ingenious little yard sale meter sign is taken at my eye level and the pile actually goes all the way to the ceiling in that closet. lol. Oh, and that sign is there because I know why that closet looks horrible and un-organized, like I threw random things in and closed the door—which is what I did, but I wanted to make sure that potential buyers know there is a purpose in that junk closet…hahaha. I might be anal.)
Things that I HAVE been doing instead of blogging:
- Worrying about a topic for that 5-10 page research paper.
- Painting the rest of the kitchen/living room ceiling that never got completely finished when we redid the kitchen (over a year ago…lol…oops). For the record, ceilings are wonderful, and I’m really thankful we have one. But I DON’T like painting them. My hand and neck STILL hurt.
- Removing half of that leaf and brush pile previously mentioned.
- Trying an oven cleaner recipe from Pinterest….that I must have done wrong because it just made the dirty spots sparkle, when I wanted them GONE.
- Cleaning the house.
- Cleaning the house again.
- And again. (Did I mention the house has shown 4 times in the 6 days since it went live on MLS?)
And now….I’m going to go work on those planters for curb appeal, since as I’m typing this, I’m looking out the window at the cars slowing down to look at the house. =) Plus, it’s time for the kids to come home, so I can watch for them at the same time.
And ta-da……curb appeal!