Thursday, March 21, 2013

Holy Macaroni!

So I said I’d come back and tell you why I was so stinking exhausted the other day. 

KC went out of town for work on Monday evening, and right after he left, I got this wild hair to empty the master bedroom closet back down to this awful yellowed and beat up bare room. 

IMG_5218

I piled the garden tub full and then realized…holy macaroni, we have a LOT of stuff in this closet and can I really get all this done by myself?  I wonder if it’s too late to put it back. Then I kicked myself in the rear and piled the rest of it on KC’s side of the bed since he wasn’t home to need to use any of his floor space, and then it was on.

I had huge hesitation when it came to unscrewing the brackets and shelves because I kept thinking, “what if these aren’t in studs and unscrewing them and screwing them back up makes them unstable?'” I even pondered trying to paint around them, but then I decided that would be way too much effort and gritted my teeth, crossed my fingers, and carefully removed them.

I painted the walls with leftover bedroom paint, and all the white trim with paint we already had, so total cost for this project was….ZERO.  YAY.

2013-03-18 23.50.06

SOOO much better. But then, it was midnight. So I called it a night and pretended the pile of closet junk was non-existent.

Tuesday morning, I got up and took the kids to school, came back and painted the flip side of the two top shelves to go over the racks, and then headed off to my friend’s house to help her finish painting her boys’ room.

TO BE CONTINUED. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)