Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day!

For the first day in ages, I had nothing on my schedule and was able to come back home after taking the kids to school.  Thinking I would take advantage of the opportunity, I threw a load of clothes in the washing machine (don’t want to be a complete slacker, you know), and then put myself back to bed.  Wouldn’t you know my brain was wide open and I never fell asleep!  Ugh.  And I was so tired when I woke up this morning, too…I could have totally used the extra sleep. 

ANYWAY.  Happy Valentine’s Day.  This year, both kids were able to do a lot more of the valentine work themselves.  It was tough for me to let them cut crooked lines and write not-so-neatly, but I managed.  LOL.  I helped with the more complicated stuff (obviously Photoshop is out of Munchkin’s league, and curly mustaches are out of K-man’s cutting skill range) but they did a lot of it.  =) 

Munchkin’s were bookmarks, and K-man’s were mustache blow pops.  The tags I printed and he cut out: “I ‘mustache’ you to be my valentine.”  He thought that was SO funny.  I saw the idea for the mustaches on a sucker on Pinterest…it was so cute, and he has a thing for mustaches, so it was totally perfect.  And Munchkin is a bookworm, so hers was an appropriate theme for her, as well. 

I know it’s been a week since I blogged, I can’t say I haven’t had time to blog, because there’s been time even though I’ve been busy.  I’ve got a lot of stuff on my mind, and while that “should” make it easier to blog, it just feels scattered and somewhat difficult to talk about, leaving me in the place to just keep postponing the blog. I know, I could just get on and post random scattered thoughts…after all, that is my normal modus operandi, but English class is killing me.  Not literally killing me, but now it’s taking me tons longer to write anything because I’m back in the habit of wording and rewording my sentences to be, at least slightly, more grammatically correct.  Ugh. 

In other happenings, KC’s grandma moved to an eternal address last week.  KC had this strong impression that he should go up and see her two weekends ago, so he did.  She wasn’t in the best of health, and she was almost 93, but she seem to be still holding steady. Then, four days after he got back, we got a call that she was gone.  So I’m really glad he had one last chance to go up and see her. From all the stories I’ve heard from her family, in addition to my own experience from the times I was around her…well, it’s hard to know what to say.  I guess I could say she had a wicked sense of humor, never passed up a confrontation, embraced her age as a medal of honor, and was a master storyteller.  I think those things are safely truthful without speaking ill of the dead.  I loved her because she was KC’s grandma, but I wasn’t terribly fond of the way I saw her treat her family. Nevertheless, without her, my darling, sweet, handsome hubby wouldn’t exist, and for that, I’ll be eternally grateful.  

KC’s mom had open heart surgery on Friday to repair her mitral valve, and she’s already home, which really shocked me, but is awesome.  Hopefully it’s an omen of a speedy recovery to follow. 

That’s about it for today.  It’s lunchtime, the laundry needs attention, and the dogs could use a bath, so it’s going to be a full afternoon and I need to get started.

Have a lovely (less wet-dog-smell-y) afternoon…and if perhaps you want to share my pain: find a dog, spritz it with water, then bury your face in it’s fur for a good whiff of my world. Winking smile

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. English class has a way of making one over think every word they type! Proud of my classmate for going back to school. :)


Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)