Welp, it’s 2013. How in this crazy world did that happen? All I know is that, if the first three days of it are any indication, I’m gonna be one seriously mixed up chick this year.
I can’t seem to get my days straight, thanks to midweek holidays and the kids being out of school. The good news is I’ve been able to sleep in almost every day. The bad news is that my brain seems to have stayed in bed long after I’ve been up.
I can’t even think straight to write this post…but I give up on erasing these paragraphs…they are just gonna have to be what they are…*sigh*
In other news, I haven’t felt great the last few days…almost flu-like, achiness, but don’t seem to have any other flu symptoms so I’m hoping this dreadful tiredness will soon pass. I took two vitamin C packs this morning and it did seem to give me a kick in the energy boosters and the house is now tidy, vacuum cleaner fixed, floors dirt-free, dishes done, counters sparkling, laundry somewhat done. And then my boost ran out and now I’m sitting on the bed contemplating either a nap or working on my scarf on the loom I got for Christmas.
I’m not sure yet which will win, but since it’s chilly enough in here that I’m cold in all my layers, I’m thinking a nap under the blanket will possibly be the winner of this little internal debate.
Before I go, a couple of Yew Nears (FYI: that’s my mixed up New Year) Resolutions:
- Blog at least twice a week (I’d say once a week, but that’s pretty much what I was doing last year and I’d like to at least set the bar a LITTLE higher…lol)
- Drink more water and less Dr. Pepper (boo, hiss)
- Make A’s in my classes…and keep my jittery nerves under control to navigate through being back in class for the first time in nearly 12 years. =O
- Find some cool new stitches on the knitting board…ones that will not take forever and a day to accomplish, but will still look cool.
- Make peace with the person I’ve become…(did I really put KNITTING on my resolution list? Yow…lol)
- Travel somewhere new.
- Discover a universe in which quiet kids does not equal uh-oh………okay….next resolution: to not put impossible things on my resolution list.
Speaking of quiet kids….I have not heard them in quite awhile and they are still upstairs….I am 99.9 percent sure that I should quickly go investigate before the house burns down or some other very uncool event transpires.