Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brain-Mush

Looks like I’ve gone to bed too many nights as a pumpkin…because this morning I woke up feeling like a vegetable. 

One that is well on its way to the rotten point. 

Must go to bed earlier.  I am blogging earlier today, but obviously, blogging wasn’t what was keeping me up late the last few nights.  Hahahaha. 

I’ve been working on a Shutterfly photo book of the Haiti trip and they were having a two-day sale that would have made the book totally affordable (since it’s stretching into like 47 pages and I haven’t been able to shrink it anymore and still be able to see the pictures well…lol).  SOOO…I was trying to finish it before the sale ended.  And…I failed.  But there will other sales…I’ll just finish working on the album in daylight hours and then hold the finished album until they have another (and hopefully even better) sale.  =) 

While we’re on the topic of Haiti, a recent message compared the trip we took down there to our pilgrimage on earth as Christians from another kingdom (heaven).  Something that stuck out to me was the way our actions reflect on our home country.  Going to Haiti, our behavior/lifestyles/attitudes determined what those we came in contact with thought about Americans.  Living in our communities (and also on mission trips), our behavior and lifestyles and attitudes will determine what people think about the Kingdom of God.

11Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12Having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation. (1 Peter 2:11-12 NKJV)

There was a whole lot more to that comparison, but that’s just one of the things that stuck with me.  It seems like one of those things you kind of already know but sometimes it’s thought provoking when you come at it from a new angle. 

And that’s what’s been in my brain this week. That, along with a few weird dreams that I’ve since forgotten, and sheet-rock mud.  My parents bought a cute brick fixer-upper and are…er…fixing-upping it.  Starting with ripping out the entire 70’s brown and yellow, oddly-arranged kitchen all the way down to the studs, then adding more electrical outlets and putting up sheetrock.  New kitchen cabinets are supposed to be put in on Saturday, so they’ve been burning the midnight oil, too.  I’ve been over there helping dad a couple days while the kids were in school.  Yesterday we were slinging mud.  Neither of us are particularly good at it, except dad is good at slinging it, and I’m particular about leaving glopped amounts on the floor because it seems a little wasteful. So I kept digging in the tops of his dropped piles instead of getting more putty out of the bucket.  (Yeah, mom, this explanation is for you…it’s why there were piles of mud on the floor that had been half cleaned up…I would have used the whole piles, but the floor was dusty and I didn’t want to put that crud on the walls.  LOL)

Totally unrelated to the previous paragraph, I must make my weekly confession and say that I have consumed way too many delectable desserts, a couple of extra helpings when I really didn’t need them, and two 44oz. Dr. Peppers this week.  I walked once and burned 69 fat calories, but I’m pretty sure that’s at least 3000 calories short of what really needs burning right now.  =/  Oops.  If anyone happens to run across my self-control, please return it as soon as possible because I really, REALLY need it back.  LOL. 

In a very large nutshell, that is everything you probably didn’t need to know about my week. 

And now, I need to get back to work on my Shutterfly book before bedtime.  =) 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Sorry you didn't make the sale but you gave it a good try. If I see your self-control, I promise to her back your way :)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)