Monday, July 23, 2012

Zapped

Well, it only LOOKS like I fell off the face of the earth…in all actuality, as is the story of my life, I was just zipping back and forth all across the face of this planet and was too busy to blog. 

We went to Ohio for the weekend, sort of a spur of the moment trip since we originally didn’t think we would be able to go, but we managed to squeeze it in.  I really dreaded the drive but once we got there, we all did have a great time.  I took like one picture the entire weekend.  Bad me.  I have really got to do better!

The kids went to the in-laws for a couple of days when we got back, which actually worked out really well for me, because I have been needing some time to get the rest of my immunizations before our mission trip.  So I met KC at lunch today and we went to the county health department to get those.  As a side-note, that’s a great place for people-watching…if you like to watch people with snarky attitudes who think the world owes them and revolves around them…in their pajamas.  LOL…oops…maybe I’m the one with the snarky attitude…but I am well aware that the world owes me nothing and it’s not all about me. 

Moving on…I got three lovely shots, and KC got two.  He was fine…I’ve been zapped ever since.  Maybe it’s my skinny arms and maybe they hit my bone with the needle.  Maybe it’s just because I didn’t think to eat breakfast this morning.  Maybe I’m just a little wimp.  But.  That. HURT.

I didn’t pass out, but the room went black for a few seconds and I got really queasy and dizzy and had to put my head between my legs.  That was after the first two shots.  I told her to go ahead and give me the tetanus shot while my head was between my legs and the room was dark.  The good news is I barely felt that one. 

I made it to the waiting room and held on to KC’s arm for dear life till we got to the car and I could put my head back between my legs.  Thank GOD, KC was with me and could drive till I got my equilibrium back.  That was kinda freaky.  No wonder kids scream bloody murder when they get their immunizations! 

Or maybe I’m just old.  Whatever the case, I came back and took a nap this afternoon and dreamed crazy alternate reality dreams.  Now I feel okay, just tired and my shoulders are sore. 

I still feel like sleeping though, so I’m going to head out now and do some more of it…hopefully without the crazy alternate reality dreams…lol.  Nighty-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)