Saturday, December 04, 2010

What a Day!

I am so tired.  I didn’t even get online until just now.  This is becoming more and more of a habit, this OFFLINE business.  I’m not sure if that’s good or bad…I feel really disconnected sometimes.  But I guess it’s a good thing every now and then. 

Today we (the kids, puppies, and I—not the hubby—lol) slept in till 8…was so nice.  Then I got up and started moving around…kids breakfasts, puppies feeding and potty walk, my shower, kids showers, yada yada.  We had plans for this afternoon and I didn’t have anything better to do, so I decided to actually FIX my hair since it was supposed to be just cold, not raining.  By the way, you people who always see me with straight hair…there is a reason—like the fact that every stinking time I make an effort to DO something to my hair, the weather ruins it.  It was dry as the Sahara desert here at the house, but in the town several hours away, it was dumping snow and in case no one knows this already, snow works like rain and when you get 15 minutes of heavy snow on your head from walking the distance between the $8.00 parking and the door to the coliseum, it doesn’t shake off, you just pretty much look like you got out of the shower.  And in my case, when that happens…well, all that effort just goes down the drain.  HUMPH. 

Where was I?  Ah yes, my day.  Well, while I was getting everybody ready, the hubby went to town and picked up a dog lot that we set up in the garage for the puppies since we were going to be gone for longer than a couple of hours.  That was a blast to get set up and put together in a limited amount of time.  LOL.  But it was better than trying to chain the dogs up outside or leaving them in their crate for 9 hours straight.  Poor babies.  The garage doesn’t get super cold though, so they were fine when we got back.  =) 

Then it was off for big city that is hours away to see Disney’s Toy Story 3 on Ice…it was adorable!  The kids loved it.  We didn’t tell them what we were doing until we were inside and seated.  LOL…we are so mean.  But they had a good time.  We went with a bunch of friends, although we really didn’t get to “visit” all that much since we all drove separately.  We did all eat together afterwards though, which was fun! 

And I only worried a *LITTLE* while we were gone.  LOL.  Thank the Lord for that!  =)  And since laughter is good like a medicine, here’s something that made me laugh today:
garfield christmas1 Have a good night, ya’ll! =)

PS thanks for the encouraging words on my last post.  =) I know I’m never alone because Jesus is with me, but it’s nice to know I’m not “alone” in my worrying tendencies.  =) 

1 comment:

  1. LOL to your little comic-strip. Too cute. Glad you enjoyed the show. Bubba actually asked Sis & I if we had plans yesterday, but we already did. Something about someone got sick or something so there was 2 extra tickets. Anywho, sounds like you had fuN! :o) I think it's fun that you didn't tell your kids until you got there. It makes it extra specail/exciting for them.


Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)