Thursday, August 05, 2010

Violins…

"Friendship is like a violin; the music may stop now and then, but the strings will last forever."

I don’t know who said it, but it’s totally true.  In the last few weeks, I’ve had the complete pleasure of hearing the music because the strings were still there even though time and distance had paused the music for awhile.  First when KC and I went to Ohio a few weeks ago and met up with our old friends at the zoo, and then again when we spent the day with KC’s sister, and now this last trip, I stopped in at my friend’s house on the way up and then again on the way back (which broke the 12 hour trip pretty much in half and made it SO much more bearable, not to mention ended up being my favorite part of the whole trip!  LOL). 

So amazing that we’ve been friends for like TWENTY years.  IMG_7550ewebThat’s kinda insane.  And we were SOOO goofy just like the old days. 

 IMG_7466ewebIMG_7483eweb

See what I mean?  LOL!  But it was seriously so much fun.  I was bummed that Munchkin wasn’t with me because she is JUST like my friend’s oldest girl, but K-man had fun with all three of her kids and had a kid crush on her middle girl, who is around a year younger than the K-man.  Teehehe…it was cute! 

 IMG_7670ewebIMG_7671eweb 

This was a little tussle over who K-man wanted on the big wheel with him…lol.  =) 

Anyways, it was such a blast.  We spent a lot of time reminiscing about way back when…lol….not that much has changed…other than our ages.  We’re still as crazy as we used to be.  haha.  Oh, and we have kids and hubbies now.  LOL.  Minor detail.  ;-)
IMG_7666ewebIMG_7676eweb IMG_7677ewebAnd Mormie is surrounded by the kids.  Typical.  LOL.  My friend wanted to steal her.  LOL!  I’m pretty sure Mormie’s momma would have had a little bit of a problem with that.  HAHA.

Well, it’s like 10:40 so I’m gonna just hop off here.  Later! 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! :o) Loved the crazy pool pictures. I hadn't heard that violin quote before, but I like it. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love great friends!! There's is nothing like spending time with them, especially friends that can go way back with ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remeber you both when u were probably kebly's age!
    Boy, I'm old! So thankful you still are such great friends. About Nannie Morgan? You have no idea how much I missed that child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures. looks like you had a great time!!!! old friends make the very best kind!

    love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)