I guess I should have signed up for an organizing challenge sooner, cuz I’ve already checked off one of my “spaces.” Granted, it was the smallest and least challenging “space,” but hey, I’m not feeling good, plus I wanted to feel a sense of accomplishment without having to spend all day on it, so here we go:
The Medicine Cabinet:
Okay, so it’s not that “amazing” of a transformation, but the shelves are clean now, one of the large drawers went to the upstairs linen closet (it was extra lotions and toiletries, not medicinal stuff), and all the medicines are back in their correct containers with the “most un-safe” ones on the very top shelf since we have not got the lock on the door yet. That’s on the to-do list, but haven’t got it done yet. There’s a lot of wasted space in these cabinets thanks to the large distance between the built in shelves, but I’m not worried about it right now. LOL. I’m just happy to check of one thing as FINISHED…with a before AND after! Yay! *grin*
1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it? This one wasn’t really that hard, I just had to reorganize everything back together.
2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order? Making myself put things away when I finish with them.
3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space? Not much to purge…
4. What creative storage solutions were you able to introduce in order to create additional space as well as establish some limits and boundaries? Small baskets to hold little things on the shelf.
5. Why do you think you should win this challenge? Well, I’d love to win the organizational tools because I still have quite a bit of organizing left to do, but I’d say all in all, I’ve already won because it’s easy to find stuff here now. =)