Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Little Random

Well, I’m doing better about blogging.  Not so hot on the pictures, but hey, 1 out of 2 ain’t bad, right?  Okay. It’s bad. 

I’m all about bad today.  Note to self, when you run around all day, for heaven’s sake, get gas in the car before you have to drive 45 minutes to church.  *sigh*  Your husband, who will suffer heart failure if you are a minute late, will be very frustrated if you have to stop for gas when you’re already running behind.  *sigh*

And while I’m beating myself up, note #2 to self: maybe you should find a recording of that song somewhere that you sing solo on in the choir and practice it over and over for the next 25 years.  Then perhaps when you’re 52, you’ll actually get it right. 

On a less black and blue note, I tried a new recipe for baked potatoes in the microwave, and it turned out really good.  Well, I liked it.  And Munchkin liked it.  And KC and K-man didn’t gag (much).  LOL.  I put it in my recipe box over on the sidebar, cuz it’s an easy fix even in small portions (hello lunch next week…haha).  I sorta loosely followed the recipe, but whatever.  LOL. 

Speaking of loosely following, I got more groceries than what was on the menu this week…but I restocked some of the stuff I keep on hand from Sam’s and I’ll put that stuff on the menu in the next couple weeks, so I’ll have to buy less on those weeks.  On the grocery thing, I have been like pulling out my calculator on my phone in the middle of the stores…just to make sure I’m getting the best deal…lol…a random guy in the aisle gave me a weird look. I don’t think it had ANYTHING to do with me cheering because I calculated the price on the toilet paper I bought at Sam’s WAS cheaper than at Walmart.  By .1116 per roll.  Hey. Stop looking at me that way.  When you buy 36 rolls---hang on, let me get my calculator---okay, I only saved 1.36 but I was excited anyway.  And that’s the price of a drink these days…oh well, whatever.

Again, totally random…I haven’t had a Dr. Pepper in like…a month.  I’ve had a few caffeine free drinks, but have been drinking more water.  Surprisingly enough, I’m not craving it like I used to…(the DP, not the water…lol)

And the reason I haven’t posted much pictures is because I like before and after photos…and right now I have a lot of “before” and a lot of “in the middle” but no totally completed photos, and I’m OCD like that.  Hopefully this will be remedied soon.  LOL. 

Busy day again tomorrow…need another to-do list…I have actually been doing pretty good with my to-do list…I think the last 3 or 4 lists have had about 6 out of 8 completed tasks.  Not all of them done exactly right (hello, putty job – I never claimed to be a master putty-er…oh well), but at least it’s not a hole in the wall, right?  And like KC said, at least I’m not letting the grass grow under my feet.  Well, he didn’t say it like that, but his southern wife rephrased it.  LOL.  Love ya honey! 

Well, busy days start early around here, so I’m off.  Thanks for reading.  You guys are the best.  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Imagine if you could get gas on the go? Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome Amy! LOL. However, I decided recently that going through the "drive-thru" isn't always faster, but often slower. Not always true, but sometimes. :o)

    Faith, looking forward to your before and after pics. I'm like that too. There are some places in the house I'm decluttering and I've before pics, inbetween pics, but not after. Just not complete yet. Can't wait to get it all organized and I'm sure you feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to go to Sam's too, and there is just 2 of us.. I don't like to grocery shop and for 50 years of marriage, never have. So when i go to Sam's it slows the shopping down a bit.
    You have a great looking house and can't wait to see your pics.... before and after.... hope you made it home with your load... so long until your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear you sing!
    We all run low on gas, even the men.
    I have seen the before, now I need to see the after.
    Luv Ya!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)