Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can’t Complain

Well, my feet and back are absolutely killing me, but at least I’m alive, and have a place to live, and food to eat.  That’s more than a lot of people have tonight…after hearing all the news about Haiti, I don’t think—even on my worst days—I have any right to complain about anything.  That doesn’t mean I don’t complain from time to time…I think we all do, but I’m really trying not to.  LOL.  Especially since I have much more to be grateful for than things to be griping about. 

Speaking of being thankful, I have to say, I have the best friends and family in the whole world!  Our house is totally coming along, thanks in great part to our wonderful, sweet, awesome family and friends.  We had a ton of help moving, then my dad did all this fix-it/inspection stuff around the house (I mean, I’m talking everything from leak repairs to replacing a zillion locks – or maybe it was just five, but I’m sure it felt like a zillion when he was doing it, and seriously, I wouldn’t have been able to do laundry, or have a level stove, or even a refrigerator because he went and picked that up for us, too…so awesome).  Mom helped get stuff in the house and unpacked, then another day she helped me with cleaning.  KC’s mom has been up here quite a few days and cleaned the kids rooms from top to bottom, not to mention the other 10 rooms she helped scrub down and the shower which is finally almost completely grime free after she scoured it 3 times.  The V’s came one day and helped me scrub, unpack, and arrange quite a few boxes.  TM cleaned the front room blinds and window.  Kelly and Morgs came today and we puttied and painted the master bathroom.  I’m probably forgetting somebody because my brain is a little foggy from paint fumes all day, but seriously, everybody has been awesome.  Our house is looking so much more livable, thanks to all our help.  I will totally get pictures one of these here days, but for now, I have been a horrid slacker and haven’t even unpacked my camera since we’ve moved in here. 

Munchkin is doing good in her new school…she seems to like it and she’s had a good week.  I’m not doing so hot with it because it’s different hours than her old school, which means I have to get up like 1/2 hour earlier to get her there on time, but it’s not terrible.  My favorite part is that they have a great system here for pick-ups and drop-offs.  Instead of the dead-end tight spaced parking lot like her old school, it’s a four lane line and the teachers get the kids in and out of the cars (six at a time) which makes it much easier for me because you don’t have to park and then go stand in line or wait for a parking space to open up or anything, you just pull into the line and then wait for it to go around.  Sweet.  I can already tell that I need to find the library around here though, because I can get a lot of reading done while waiting in the line.  LOL!  And it appears that that may be my ONLY chance to read in the near future…hahah. 

K-man is doing good, too, although he refuses to call this new house “home.”  So our conversations go the same way every time we pull into the driveway:
Mom: “We’re home!”
K-man: “Not home!  We’re at the new house.”

And tonight, in this new house, which we are trying to make our home, we painted a high-hiding primer over this awful mud color in the family room, and the fumes are making me a little crazy, so I’m gonna head off here now.  It’s been a long day.  There’s plenty more I could talk about, but for now I’m just gonna go.  Thanks for dropping by, sorry for the sporadic updates.  I will hopefully get better about that, soon.  ;-)

5 comments:

  1. sounds like everything is coming along. Hope you are starting to feel better since your last post. luv ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. moving is so crazy and of course before you unpack everything you need to paint paint paint! i hear ya, it is how i do things too! i am sure you will be glad when it is all done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you!
    Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I must say you have a beautiful place. I love to read your blogs. They are soooo funnny at times. Us old folks need a laugh now and then... I think I check it almost every day. Hope you don't mind. Have fun with the rest of your house and I am sure you will have it looking even more beautiful. Love you guys and your wit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, your house is turning into a home quickly. you guys are definitely on the ball!!!!

    and i'm glad about the new drop off/pick up system for munchkin's school. you're right, the other school's procedure was less than appealing. ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)