Monday, October 29, 2007

I Totally Should Not Be Here

I'm with CV on this one....only where she should be doing her schoolwork, I should be doing.....well...lots of other things besides this. Haha.

My kids are asleep, praise the almighty God! I stayed completely calm through the entire evening of tantrums and defiance and I didn't let anything they did rile me up. That helped the evening go a bit smoother than the previous few days. Now, I was still as strict as ever (I guess we're too strict apparently, but I think we keep a good balance between authoritative and permissive....especially when I see the results in our children when we lean a little too far to either side....they behave best when we keep it straight down the middle, which is very hard, in case you're wondering and if you don't agree with our parenting style, then go get your own kids. LOL) but I didn't let their tantrums and defiance upset my calm or determination to stick to my guns. I think it was the book I got today from the library...it's called something like a tough mother or something like that and it's how to stick to your guns and not let your three year old walk all over you. ROFL. Exactly the book I need. Haha!

Anywho, I wanted to get on and get this meme done that I was tagged by Denise to do......

So here goes:

The Rules
1. Link to your tagger, and also post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird, whatever.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of you post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.

Ahhhhhh.....let's see....there are so many. LOL. Which ones haven't I shared already? *GRIN*

1. I have nightmares about snakes anytime I see one....like at the zoo, in the yard, whatever....*shudder* I've held a snake to try to overcome the fear and it helped, but the fear is still definitely there.
2. I'm one of those crazy people that you see driving down the road in the car by herself singing away at the top of her lungs....and not necessarily sounding very good either....hahah
3. I have just enough talent at just enough things to make me very dangerous....sometimes, I want to not be a jill of all trades...i want to be really good at SOMETHING. Something besides blogging regularly.....which isn't really that unusual....haha!
4. When I folded the towels before kids, I folded them "just so" and when I stacked them, I always tried to make sure they were in a pattern and no towel of each color could be beside a towel of the same color. It was like a puzzle and it really irritated me if I messed it up, but sometimes I would let it be messed up on purpose just so I wouldn't feel like such a freak. (Does that make me a freak in itself?....LOL). Anyways, after kids.....they're folded "just sorta so" and every now and then a couple of the colors will follow a pattern. And I always remember the "before days" when I stick them in the closet as I shrug and move on to the zillion other more important tasks ahead of me....like bloggin.....hahahaha!!
5. I'm really paranoid about getting worms....ya know, like parasites? I think everybody has them, but I remember all kinds of horror stories in my science books in school about getting them from dogs or from running around barefoot in the grass......and every time I look at poop, I wonder if there are worms in it. ROFL. And no, I don't think about that when I'm changing poopy diapers....that's different. HAHAHA. But I do wash my hands REALLY good!!!! And now you know MUCH more than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure! HA! Not to mention this one old guy who went to our church a long long long time ago brought a jar of specimens in for show and tell one time.......EEKKKKK....talk about feeding my paranoia!!!! LOL
6. I think toe-jam smells like limburger cheese. Stop looking at me that way!!! It DOES!!! Have you ever smelled it????(BWAHAHAHA......are you totally grossed out yet? I'm not PURPOSELY trying to come up with gross facts.....I'm just trying to think of stuff I haven't said before, plus Denise's #7 reminded me of that weird fact about me! HAHA. And seriously, that's a true fact!! hahaha)
7. I can't stand people who are stuck on themselves. I think a healthy dose of self esteem is great, but when people who are nice looking think they are just "IT" and you should worship the ground they walk on, that drives me crazy. I also don't like the opposite of that either...when people are NOT nice looking and think they are just "IT." I try really hard not to be stuck on myself. Of course, I fall in the first category, but I'm trying not to think of myself as just "IT" because I know how irritating that is for all the "NOT IT"s around me......ROFL. I AM SO KIDDING!!! For the record, I love being normal and average. I know to think I'm normal is totally living in a dream world, but I'm certainly not "IT" and normal/average is much better than the alternative.....ROFL!!!

Okay, that is seven (hey I can count!! woohoo) now, i'm supposed to tag 7 more people....so let's see....who should I tag????

1. I'm Not Weird, I'm Unique (CV) (even though she's a private one, she should have lots of weird....er....unique facts to list)
2. Sense & Sensibility (Mike) (another private one....but maybe this will get her posting again...it's been like three days and I'm not going to let her slack!! hahah!)
3. Thanks for Listening (JandKsmummy)
4. Snot & Kisses (Janelle)
5. Horizon of Chaos (my hubby....who needs to get back to it....)
6. Nikki at Gilleons on the Go
7. You....IF: you have a blog, you haven't done this yet (or you want to do it again), you leave a comment telling me you accept my challenge.....so are you up for it?

Now I guess I have to go post this and tag these people! *grin*

Hum....wonder if there will be nuff time for a Monday Messages???

hum hum hum. Maybe if I hurry! Really fast. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)