Well, it’s January 5th…here’s a few fives:
Five good things today:
- My mother-in-law came to my house to clean. I never turn down anyone who offers to come to my house and clean. I have three rooms who’s floors have never been so shiny. =)
- Speaking of floors, the re-painting/sealing grout project in the kitchen is progressing quite nicely. The paint has had several hours to cure and the clear sealer I just tried on a small section seems like it might be a much quicker and less painful process. Which is great, since my knees (although much improved) are still a little tender to the thought of crawling around on tile floors for another 11 hours. Also great because I don’t have 11 hours tonight, since I’d like to sleep at some point.
- School’s back in session this week. Woohoo!
- I’m blogging. Nuff said.
- The hubby had safe flights (for business, not pleasure, unfortunately—because if it was pleasure, I’d be on the flights, too….lol), but anytime he’s going to be in the air, I always think about the airplanes that have gone missing and it makes me more thankful for every safe flight. I don’t worry much about it, but I’m still grateful.
Five just thinkings:
- Yesterday’s sermon on David’s heart, and how he was a man after God’s own heart. It was the first of a series and I’m really looking forward to the rest of the messages. Bro. Nathan says it so much better than I could possibly sum it up, but I have never thought about how the point of the David & Goliath story is not to be David: courageous and fighting giants; but that we’re actually in the shoes of the army who needed a David to fight for us. The image is linked to the sermon….great food for thought.
- Why are boys so goofy? K-man is in the shower and I think he must be having a song and dance plus tooting and belching contest with himself, as all I hear is thumping on the walls as he sings random song lyrics interspersed with farting noises, followed by a wave of silly giggles….then he starts all over. What is UP with that? I get the singing, but ugh….the boy noises and the fact that they tickle his funny bone….
- I used to write all this stuff down in my scrapbooks and I need to get back into the habit of this or else start scrapping again or I’m going to forget all the good stuff. I said the other day that I found all those old scrapbook pages and as I read them, I was amazed at all the stuff I’d forgotten about. Obviously, the same could be said about some of my old blog posts as well, but there again…if I don’t get back into the habit of this, all my “just thinkings” stuff will disappear for good. Also, on the topic of scrapping, I’ve really been itching to get back on the digital scrapping train but I know I honestly don’t have the time to dedicate to it at the moment, I’d just really like to….for now I’ve got the itch controlled, but one of these days I may lose control and jump back on a team again. LOL
- This thing I pinned on my Pinterest page the other day, sort of sums up my brain a little bit:
- I wish there was a way to blog Pinterest ideas…I’m always finding things on there that spark my brain but I pin them and forget why I pinned them, so it would be cool if I could blog my pins. I know, I could just change the description and write my notes there, but that’s just too simple and organized-like. LOL.
- Because I just didn’t feel like stopping at 5. My rule-following personality got lost there for a second.
And that’s it for today. Time to wrap up everything and get back to that kitchen floor grout project.
Happy January 5th. =)