Friday, January 18, 2013

Weekly Review

Oh how quickly we do forget. 

Yes, I realize it’s Friday and I haven’t blogged since…uh…last Friday. 

Grr…I try so hard to keep these pesky resolutions, but this BI-weekly review is too easy to let slip.  It’s just been one of those weeks.  I kept thinking I will just blog tomorrow.  It’s been about 5 tomorrows and I just never got around to blogging. 

Snow day here today (all of 1/4 inch of snow—but there are portions of the county that are in the higher elevations, so it’s pretty common for us to get snow days without any snow that we can see). so the kids were out all day and thankfully college was delayed long enough for my class to be cancelled, so I didn’t have to shuffle my kids around so I could get to class. 

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (love those middle of the night things), K-man woke up with a horrible sore throat and was having trouble breathing.  We almost took him to the ER, KC got dressed and everything, and then I guess the hot tea and advil kicked in and he sat up and said, “Yeah, I think I need an x-ray.”  The little twerp.  But his breathing was better so we decided to hold off until the pediatrician’s office opened the next morning.  So he was bouncing around and acting normal on Wednesday (except he said his throat still hurt) but he didn’t go to school so I went ahead and took him to the doctor.  Strep.  Joyful, joyful.  I don’t want my kids to be in pain but it’s a little annoying when they don’t act sick (ie: jumping up and down and excited that they don’t have to go to school because they want to watch movies and play with their toys.  LOL. 

Anyway, Monday’s class was the in class writing assessment.  It’s where you have to answer a question in a five paragraph essay in the 50 minutes of class time.  I guess they want to make sure you aren’t going home and getting your Great Aunt Betsy to write your papers for you to turn in, and that you actually know how to write.  Unfortunately for me, time constraints totally stress me out, and I totally blanked and then had to scramble to get something written.  Don’t know how that’s going to turn out, but see this blog post?  I am REALLY good at BAD writing.  *crazy face*

Not letting it stress me out though…it is what it is. 

Weekend was nice.  My friend turned 27 on Saturday and had a pizza on the grill party…it was fantastic and I just might have to borrow her idea for my “getting old'” party.  =) LOL  The level of awesome of her party had nothing at all to do with the beverages…okay…well, maybe a little.  Hahaha….sometimes I have superb self control.  Saturday was NOT one of those days.  ROFL. 

Anyway, that’s the story since I last posted and now it’s another weekend.  Hopefully I’ll have more to say before NEXT weekend.  =)  =)  I’m TRYING.  Honest. 

Oh and I’m still having crazy dreams…I don’t know why in the world I have suddenly started having sleeping issues but if this is what getting old does to you, I need to find that fountain of youth. 

Maybe I’ll just go dream about it now. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Oh no. I hope your family gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)