Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Arrrrgh, Mateys

So, yeah…it’s been awhile since I showed up here, huh?  And since the curiosity is just killing you, I’ll go ahead and tell you where I’ve been.

Okay, well, I won’t tell you EVERYWHERE I’ve been (it’s been six days and a blog post can’t contain it all) but here’s one place:

IMG_3190eweb

On this day in history, we actually drove to Greenville, SC, picked up a friend from her college there, drove to Huntersville to go farther back in history at the renaissance festival, then back to Greenville to take our friend back, and then drove back to our house.  Hours and hours of driving (not to mention the hours of time travel) but we had a great time.

The festival was quite the experience.  Well worth the time and energy spent getting there.  So much cool stuff (and a little slightly questionable…lol) and a terrific place for people watching…bwahahaha! 

IMG_3197ewebIMG_3206web

The setup is amazing…seriously awesome.  We loved all the castles and old style structures!  Very incredible. 

IMG_3219eweb

And the costumes…well, we went as time travelers from the 21st century, so ours were nothing to speak of, but I could talk about the costumes of the other festival-goers for hours. I won’t get into all of it, but we’ll just say that some things, when they get to be about sixty plus years old….just shouldn’t be bare and hefted up around chin level.  Seriously.  Tuck them wrinkly things back down in your dress where they belong.  Not to say that they should be bare and shoved up there when they’re less than sixty either, and there was plenty of that, too.  ROFL.  I did like the Jack Sparrow dude, though…next year I’m gonna give KC some purple eyeliner and dreadlocks. *bwahahaha* 

Anyway, it was a blast. And the kids had happened to get invited to spend the weekend at KC’s parents, so it was awesome to have grownup time for all that, too. 

As for the rest of the time, well, we were at church and church events, then a bit of time hanging out at Chuck E Cheese with my friend, J. & Co, on Monday when my kids were out of school, and….well…you get the picture.

Suffice it to say, we’ve been staying pretty busy and having a good time doing it.  =) 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:06 PM

    We used to go to the Carolina Ren Faire every year. Since moving to GA, we go to the one here but the Carolina one is always our favorite one. Unfortunately, it's a 5 hour drive for us now. Sounds like you had an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23 PM

    oh how fun...I would love doing that myself...envious of you but you took some awesome photos of it so your forgiven. I wished they had something like that around here.....sohappy you got to go and have fun. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I won’t get into all of it, but we’ll just say that some things, when they get to be about sixty plus years old….just shouldn’t be bare and hefted up around chin level. Seriously. Tuck them wrinkly things back down in your dress where they belong." LOL>>>ROFL!!!!! Is all I can say! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)