Thursday, April 05, 2012

Food On The Brain

I’m going to pretend I haven’t missed any days posting and just go on with it. LOL.

I fixed Garlic Lime Chicken tonight, served over pasta, with strawberry shortcake for dessert…oh it was so good.  I’ve limited my food intake for the last couple of days because my scale decided to jump ten pounds over the last couple of weeks…in the wrong direction.  Bwahahah.  And since I have no good reason to be gaining weight, I figured I’d better get a grip on it fast.  So after a few days of raw cauliflower and green veggies instead of Nutty Buddys, I was kind of craving something tasty tonight.  After reading through my recipe box and a recipe book, too…and making my mouth water over and over…I decided on delicious over quick.  =) 

I don’t know how much fat it had in it, but it couldn’t be that bad.  I hope.  LOL.  If I just cancelled out the last few days of veggie torture, I might be sad.  =)

And you know, I like veggies.  I just like Dr. Pepper and peanut butter chocolate bars better.  Isn’t it funny how when you are limiting yourself on something, then that becomes all you can think about?

1 comment:

  1. I have craved a Dr. Pepper this week. Since being prego, I haven't had one in MONTHS!!!!! (However, I did allow myself a flat Dr. P some time ago...but that doesn't count...cause I need the REAL thing! lol). So yes, when you limit yourself it is all you can think about. However, if you were prego with me, you'd probably enjoy not having to worry about gas build-up in your stomach or a wiry child from drinking too much Dr. P. lol I haven't had a Nutty Bar in a while...but I'm sure all the PB-Choc. desserts that I have made since being prego make up for them and then some. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)