Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ACK!

I don’t care too much for this phase of construction.  I much prefer the final product. 

Cooking has been a little challenging lately.  The stove DOES work in the middle of the floor, but all the food these days has a bit of a drywall flavoring.  Not to mention it’s been difficult to find basic cooking utensils (where did we put that stack of pans again?).  Yeah…it’s kind of crazy around here. 

We started replacing that sheetrock on the backsplash last night…we got one piece cut and placed and then the drill battery died so it’s not screwed in yet.  I have to go up in a few minutes and finish straightening the edges on the other side of the sink so we can continue with the drywall tonight.  I will probably be cleaning up sheetrock dust for at least the next six months.  =)  Oh well.  No pain, no gain. 

KC is still convinced that the cabinets are going to need to be white.  At this point, I don’t care…as long as I get my sink and countertops back in the next week.  Painting cabinets can’t be worse than not having water or counters….

1 comment:

  1. When you get finished cleaning drywall dust at your house, feel free to join us at ours... or dig us out of it- we're gonna be buried! lol

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)